In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Within CIB IT & Operations organization, ITO Client Engagement & Protection, and Credit Operations (ITO CLEP CO) is a regional team in charge of managing
• the client administration throughout its journey – this includes client on boarding, client services and client referential data management – within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB), and
• the Credit Operations framework (Middle Office and Back Office Operations).
As part of the Projects and Organisation team, a Project Manager has the main responsibility to drive and manage change initiatives assigned to him/her and (s)he is in charge of ensuring that all aspects of the projects are meeting the expectations (design, framing, implementation, monitoring, governance).
With proximity to P&O, CEP and CO Regional Management, the Project Manager must have strong project management skills in terms of presentation, stakeholders’ management, ability to deep-dive, solutions mindset, and influence towards the P&O Team but also the Leadership Team of CEP CO.
Project Management (main responsibility)
• To frame project, under the leadership of the Head of Change & Development
• To confirm Sponsorship and identify/secure stakeholders participation and commitment
• To identify the project priority/ constraint for the project plan
• Clearly state the business requirements, cost and time-frame of the project
• Coordinate & challenge experts to put together a solution meeting the business requirements
• Identify risk and dependencies that could jeopardize project execution
• Design the project governance (roles & responsibilities, governance bodies, stakeholders’ identification)
• Design project roadmap (i.e. the overall execution plan)
• Secure the resource plan (skills, capacity) and prioritization / funding for those resources
• To put in place and maintain the projects documentation:
- Define project roles and responsibilities
- Document risks and issues, highlighting impacts
- Maintain planning
- Follow up on action
- Project (post-)completion
• Drive the execution of the roadmap
• Ensure aligned project status/progress is shared amongst the project community
• Drive and Coordinate the contributions from the various parties to ensure deliveries meet requirements and the planning is followed:
- Perform/Support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT) as relevant
- Contribute to the drafting/deliveries of project related operational documents (policy, SOP, guidelines, etc.)
• Identify risk & issues and propose a mitigation action plan
• Raise alerts / escalate issues / review the roadmap if required
• Monitor the budget consumption
• Monitor the feedback from contributors on project management and adjust when required
• Prepare and chair governance bodies, produce adequate reporting, communicate
Business Process Subject Matter Expert (SME) (secondary responsibility):
• Bring expertise on the end to end process with a strong focus on improving the efficiency of the Operating Model and Minimize operational risk
• As relevant, Design and document processes for different areas and teams
• To provide support to resolve production incident raised by end user/Head of domain (incl. identify the root cause of the incident)
• To liaise with the related parties (e.g. IT, Operations or Front Office) to resolve the incident in a timely and permanent manner
• Contribute to the Project and Organization platform and responsibilities, incl. to identify and address problems and risks.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Project management skills demonstrated (3+ years of experience as project manager)
• Is a plus: Solid backgrounds terms, processes, instruments and transactions (front to back framework) in KYC or Credit Operations.
• Organized and delivery-focused, with attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Comfortable operating with a strong level of autonomy and/or under pressure, managing multiple projects, and initiatives, in parallel
• Strong written/verbal communication and reporting skills
• Solid work ethic and high level of motivation
• Fluent in spoken and written English. Mandarin/Cantonese and/or French a plus
• Positive and constructive thinking, always looking for improvements within the team and organization.
• Flexibility, able to work alone or within small teams, open to new practices & methodologies in a rapidly changing and multi-cultural environment
• Hands-on attitude and creative problem solver, with ability to think outside the box and to deal with novelty
• Proactive, proposing or taking own initiatives to prevent risks / issues
• Strong team player demonstrating ability to interact appropriately in a non-hierarchical framework with a variety of stakeholders (incl. SME from Operations/IT, business and senior management)
• Professionalism & Communication, to clearly communicate issues and objectives to all levels of the organization