About the job
- The main focus of the Regional Coordination Client Service team will be around:
- Help define, review and coordinate local implementation of the Client Services Model within the countries of EMEA region
- Support the Regional Head of Client Service
- Project Management: implement from start to finish projects within the region, targeted at the implementation of Client Services strategy, in liaison with with the Transformation & Continuous Improvement (T&CI) team based in Paris as well as with the Projects& organization team reporting to T&CI
- Application Management: act as a regional SPOC for the Global Coordination Client Service team in their role of coordinator and sponsor for the main applications used by Global Client Services teams (prioritisation, direction of developments, business requirements)
- Performance Management
- Define, implement and review a set of harmonised KPIs across the EMEA countries, in coordination with the Global Coordination Client Service team and other regions, track performances across the countries and take appropriate actions accordingly (best practices, harmonisation, …)
- Define, implement and review regional activity reporting, keep track of the reports and take appropriate actions accordingly (best practices, process improvements, …)
- Be a partner of the Regional Business, Coverage and other functions, to align Client Services to the goals of our Business Stakeholders
- Ensure the coordination of all significant transversal projects, such as cost allocations within the region and towards the global Client Service organisation.
- In order to achieve these objectives, Regional Coordination Client Service will interact and cooperate with a wide variety of stakeholders:
- Client Service representative of all EMEA countries
- Global Coordination Client Service
- Other ITO regional SPOCs
- Business counterparties
- IT interlocutors
- Other project teams
- Regional Coordination Client Service should not be involved in any direct operational activities. These remain under the responsibility of the different countries, as well as of the Regional Head and the Global Head of Client Service.
Your Main Activities Are
- Implementation of the Client Service Model
- Manage harmonization and Target Operating Model projects and ensure roll-out and implementation in EMEA countries
- Contribute to new strategy definition and implementation, impacting Client Services, such as CIB of Tomorrow projectsOrganize and coordinate the governance instances of Client Services at the region level (Regional Production Call, Oplinc, Regional Coordination meetings, …) and provide a consolidated, regional view to the management and to Global Coordination Client Service, on operational activities and the deployment of the CS model
- Manage the Client Services Expert Community and following its activities, identify and develop best practices, build training programs, at EMEA region level, etc.
- Coordinate, organize and drive the development and prioritization of the main Client Services applications for the region
- Collect local countries requirements, analyze data and consolidate results
- Participate to internal prioritization committees with Global Coordination Client Service, as representative of all EMEA countries
- Act as a Regional SPOC for the Global Coordination Client Service team for prioritization, future developments and roadmap
- Represent EMEA Client Services in Steering and Prioritization Committees organized by IT and/or GCP
- Ensure transparency to the Client Services local countries’ community on the content of roadmaps and releases and confirm its deployments
- Drive the development of a common set of Key Performance Indicators across Client Services
- Define, harmonize and implement a common set of KPIs across the countries, monitoring volume, risk, quality and productivity, covering both Corporate Banking and Global Markets activities
- Coordinate the roll out of the KPIs across the countries, with the support of the local SPOCS
- Produce regular KPI reporting and define follow-up actions regarding best practices sharing, improved processes, …
- Give a consolidated regional input for the global activity reporting and governance/reporting
- Ensure harmonization of reporting across Client Services teams: deployment of a same set of reporting, with a harmonized content and frequency and adapted to the target audience
- Provide clear guidance and instructions to the countries regarding the collection of data for the reporting, coordinated and published at global level: format, content, commentary, deadlines …
- Give regional consolidated input for global reporting such as OCRM Quarterly report, semi-annual management reporting and other regional Client Services Reporting
- Client Service Offer – Tiering
- Follow-up on the evolution of clients covered by European OCRM teams, assist to annual reviews of tier 1 lists
- Contribute to the Review, refine and implement our Client Service offer to the different client tiering, designed by the Business Lines
- Coordinate, manage and monitor common regional Client Services projects and topics
- Manage and coordinate Client Services projects with a regional scope, such as cost allocation keys, efficiency gains definition and implementation, model deployment, sharepoint deployment …
- Contribute to the management and coordination of specific strategic Client Services projects, such as digitalization, in liaison with the Transformation & Continuous Improvement (T&CI) team based in Paris as well as with the Projects& organization team reporting to T&CI
- Provide guidance to the countries on Permanent Control topics, such as audit recommendations, incident recording, complaint management, etc.
- Coordinate any other new projects impacting Global Client Services and Client Services teams within the region
Profile and Skills to Success
3+ years in finance or banking related industry
History of achievement in previous roles
Mandatory experience as a business analyst, project manager / business manager, consultant, audit or operations management
Successful experience in project management
Good knowledge of the organization of BNPP Paribas (Retail – Investment Banking - Investment Solutions), and CIB in particular
Experience of both Capital Markets and/or Corporate Banking operations is a plus (general understanding of cash management and, investment banking products and processes, etc.)
Good knowledge of the key functional areas – processes, systems and organization (Front to Back – Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office; and functions – Finance, Risk, Legal, Compliance, IT, etc.)
Ability to perform business analysis and understand systems, knowledge of Power BI is a must
Project management – ability to undertake the role of project manager or implementation manager according to a project management methodology (able to set objectives, define targets, plan actions and monitor progress) ability to follow up on transformation projects (Lean, Model for Client Management, etc.)
Strong analytical skills and statistical reporting skills which involves attention to detail
Strong interpersonal skills (a Regional Coordination Client Service team member is required to deal with people at different levels across the organization, and worldwide)
Strong appetite for organization
Ability to think globally / see the overall picture
Good negotiation and influencing skills
Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
Risk management skills, risk awareness
Strong sense of responsibility, good understanding of the rules, ethical guidance, and good judgment
About the Team
- With a presence in 44 countries worldwide, 27 of which being part of the newly created EMEA region, and covering most of the CIB Business Lines, Client Services has become a complex and diverse entity, covering a large geographical scope and providing a wide variety of post trade services (both Global Markets and Corporate Banking) and to a wide variety of clients (both Institutional clients as Corporate clients)
- In this context, the Regional Coordination Client Service (RCCS) is in charge of helping to define, implementing and ensuring the consistency of the Client Services model within EMEA region, in close coordination with the Global Coordination Client Service Team and, as a right hand of the EMEA Region Head of Client Services, helping to implement the Client Management – Client Services strategy
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.