Purpose of the position
The Project Manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of business projects focused on changes requested for processes and IT systems. An important part is scope definition together with the sponsor, after to be translated into a concrete solution with an analysis of impact (time / money). The Project Manager coordinates various stakeholders (Business domains, IT…) and operates as the primary contact for the project. Projects are executed in the context of BENE scope. To make sure that the project is positioned in the broader perspective of the overall roadmap structural alignment with the project & process team is required. .All projects have a strong IT component.
Ensures end-to-end responsibility for achieving the project’s objectives in accordance with commitments made to the business line, the entity’s strategic goals and the sponsor’s expectations:
· Is responsible for achieving the project objectives within the budget, for meeting deadlines and for the quality of the deliverables
· Coordinates & performs preliminary studies in coordination with the business domain / sponsor
· Ensures that needs are properly defined and approved
· Ensures that the requirements are in line with the expressed needs
· Ensures that the solution (in particular the given dimension) meets all requirements
· Ensures the solution is validated by all stakeholders
· Prepares, consolidates and validates estimates and schedules throughout the project
· Guarantees the delivery, operation and implementation of the solution
· Identifies and manages all risks that may arise during the project’s implementation, in collaboration with all stakeholders
· Identifies needs in terms of human resources, technical and functional skills
· Follows project milestones in accordance with Group governance
Manages the entire project and coordinates all stakeholders and contributors
The Project manager is responsible for the daily (project) management of a project in all its stages. To do so the project manager:
· Manages and measures the progress of the project
· Takes decisions concerning impacts on costs, quality and deadlines, while integrating the value created for the business line
· Manages and coordinates the project team
· Coordinates relations with all stakeholders and secures their commitment throughout the Project
· Ensures preparation and communication of project documentation to the project governance bodies (architecture and investment committee, etc.)
· Guarantees the development and application of the testing strategy throughout the project
· Incorporates change management into the project and provides support in this respect for the activities concerned
· Prepares the roll out plan with all stakeholders and guarantees its execution
· Carries out a final review of the project and oversees its closure
An important part of the role focuses on cooperation and communication with stakeholders. During the complete process from identification until implementation, the Project Manager is the most important link between IT and the (project-) organization. Knowledge transfer and reporting to different stakeholders on the progress of the requested change is continuous.
Communication with stakeholders within IT:
· Functional & Technical Application Management on preferred solutions (functional review, validation of business requirements and user stories).Quality assurance on the acceptance and test criteria and planning of the test activities.
· Development team on the changes to be implemented (this could be in the shape of daily meetings, grooming and refinement sessions).
· Architect: alignment on the chosen solution and the definition of the architecture (GAD).
Communication with stakeholders outside of IT:
· Sponsor: the sponsor is informed regularly on the progress of the implementation. Dependencies, issues, risks are aligned with the sponsor. Sponsor is the available escalation channel.
· Process manager / -Expert: explanation on the solution both during design phase and realisation phase. It is the responsibility of these roles to embed the change in the operation. Therefor knowledge transfer from the Project Manager to the business owner should take place.
· Key users – Project team members: frequent alignment on the chosen solutions, validation of business requirements (often via project team meetings).
Group, Head Office: alignment on architecture solutions, specialist knowledge and reporting on the content of
· Bachelor or Master degree in Business Administration / Business, IT & Management
· At least 5 years of relevant working experience.
· Experienced in Business Analyses and Project Management
· IT knowledge
· Experienced in working with the Agile Method and the role of SCRUM master.
· Knowledge and experience in the Insurance industry.
· Proficiency in English and Dutch or French language, spoken and written.
xpertise & skills
· Analytical ability
· Strong communication skills
· Conceptual thinking
· Organizational awareness
· Result oriented