Project Coordinator / Project Manager
A central operational role acting as a shared service to the wider Property Management business lines. The role will support an agile, busy Property Management business line through contract mobilisations, demobilisations and varied adhoc projects. There will regularly be multiple projects running simultaneously.
This is not a standard project co-ordinator role, but rather a flexible role that will involve the individual to be proactive, fast paced, and get involved to ensure teams deliver projects on time and according to process. There is scope within the role to develop and improve process.
The role may require irregular travel to offices outside of London, (ie Birmingham, Scotland, Leeds).
Finding the correct individual is key and the role could be at either project co-ordinator or project manager level. Dependant on seniority the individual may have line manager responsibility. It is imperative that the individual has a can-do attitude and is willing to get ‘stuck’ in and be flexible.
The role can be split into 4 key areas
- The delivering of successful mobilisation and demobilisation of clients and properties, including producing documentation, training etc. This includes internal and external stakeholder management / liaison.
- General property management projects (including legacy projects).
- General department operational support.
- Based on the seniority of the individual employed there may be line management responsibility of a central project resource.
- Delivery on projects across Property Management on time and following the agreed process (supported by subject matter experts where required).
- Undertake regular project reviews and project planning meetings for the department.
- Book meetings, create agendas, assign tasks, advise, lead, take actions and report on PM projects.
- Develops templates and improve processes in relation to regular standard projects
- Looks for ways to improve processes; make them more streamlined, risk free and efficient.
- Train new starters on mobilisations and demobilisations
- Support in the reporting and adherence to controls reporting (FMPs).
- Gets to know all members of a team, including their strengths, weakness, and areas of expertise
- Motivates others and builds enthusiasm for a project by keeping focused on its main objectives and the rewards for completion.
- Keep management in the loop by preparing project updates and presentations that showcase a project's value and status, highlights risks and creates mitigation plans.
- Stays familiar with department and company policies and goals and works to make sure that all members of a project team adhere to set standards
- General department support
- Supports the induction process.
Project Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership Skills
- Post secondary Education
- Experience / project co-ordination
- Excellent Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Coaching Ability
- Time Management
- Results Driven
- Budgeting Skills
- Focus on Teamwork
- Excel, MS Project, MS Visio
25 annual leave (with the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits) Private GP Service, Pension, Private medical cover, Bonus Scheme, Group Income Protection, Long Term Disability Insurance, Life assurance at 8 x basic salary Interest free season ticket loan, Group Income Protection, Eye Care Voucher. In addition, a fantastic Flexible Scheme, such as gym membership, cycle to work scheme.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.