At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
The Global Markets Application Production Support (APS) group provides technical and functional support directly to the Front, Middle and Back Office in the Americas region and delivers solutions providing discreet functionality to the users. The supported systems are used globally with major server hubs in London, NY, Tokyo and Singapore. APS teams are Continuous Improvement oriented. They contribute to and lead regulation, industrialisation and automation projects.
Head of Global Markets APS Transversal
- Act as first line of contact for production environment and provide Level1 /Level2 functional and technical support.
- Coordinate with Level3, DEV and Infra teams related to production issues if escalated and also to help in root cause analysis and timely resolution.
- Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments and application layers to middleware and databases.
- Monitor application components and in-out data with the help of provided tools and act proactively to prevent data issues, performance issues or application crash.
- Ensures issues/incidents are logged in the incident management system on time with relevant details (outage, downtime, dependencies, root cause etc.)
- Liaises and communicate with upstream / downstream applications support teams.
- Collaborate with application users / business for the availability of applications and productions for their seamless day-to-day work
Application and Batch Monitoring:
- Monitor batches with the help of available tools and action proactively. Ensure preventive measures are implemented for repetitive issues to avoid the future failures.
- Monitor application input/output data feeds throughout the day, take appropriate actions, hand-over with follow the sun support teams.
Knowledge Management and Documentation:
- Owns knowledge base on Wiki and or SharePoint as appropriate.
- Ensures regional support teams are trained as required for a follow-the-sun support. Provide basic training to end-users on application use.
Release, Maintenance and Project:
- Participate in release cycles for functional validation on stag/pre-prod/prod environment.
- Release deployment, post release checks, follow communication.
- Liaises with the Development teams to ensure enhancements and bug fixes are prioritized.
- Participates in regular and required DRP and BCP exercises.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure teams on events of patching & upgradation of servers to ensure the applications are stable & running after the infra work.
- Execute and or coordinate related projects like obsolescence, migrations, application upgrade and IV2 (Cloud)
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master/Bachelor degree in Computer Science or IT Systems
- Minimum 7 years’ of experience of Application Production Support
- Excellent experience on systems like Windows, UNIX and Linux
- Excellent knowledge of databases like Oracle and SQL
- Working experience of IT tools like Geneos, ServiceNow, Autosys, Jenkins, Dynatrace etc.
- Working knowledge or familiarity scripting skills Perl, Python and PowerShell
- Working knowledge of file transfer protocols/tools like - CFT,FTP & SFTP
- Working experience in IT Systems of banks or financial institutions
- Working knowledge of areas like trade settlement, PnL, Liquidity and Equity Trading
- Working knowledge of processes like change, incident and problem management
- English (Must have) and French (Really good to have)
- Flexible to work in shifts as this could be part of Follow The Sun (FTS) model
- Flexible to work on public holidays, weekends support and Infra prod changes (when required)
- Flexible to work in different shifts (when required)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical and functional help (both written and verbal)
- Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment
- Highly effective team player with collaborate and can-do attitude
- Autonomous and rigorous
Important Information about Covid Vaccination
All employees at BNP Paribas Canada are required to be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their date of hire, unless exempt based on a reason protected under the Canadian Human Rights Act. As per this requirements, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirements for employees to be adequately vaccinated applies to whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **