Product Owner in Data Hub tribe
Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today?
At the bank for a changing world, our tribe employees make ‘change’ their greatest asset, turning challenges into opportunities: they think ahead to offer their customers creative solutions which are perfectly suited to their needs.
At BNP Paribas Fortis, the country’s number one bank, employees enjoy ongoing career growth in a meaningful, rewarding and flexible working environment.
The agile Data Hub tribe has the ambition to be the ‘one stop data shop’ for all who need data in the bank to support reporting, analysis, operational needs. This means that you are part of the fast-paced and dynamic world of Data within BNP Paribas Fortis, contributing to many projects across the bank and servicing all business lines and functions of the bank with qualitative data products and solutions.
Are you’re looking for an inspiring and challenging job in the world of Data?
Do you want to play an active role in the promotion and implementation of the Bank’s Data strategy in the different business lines?
Are you eager to witness how Data supports the Bank in improving its Net Promoter Score (NPS) and Net Promoter Score as Employee (NPE) scores?
Are you looking to support the Bank in key projects such as ESG (Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance)?
Your future job !
The Data Hub tribe is looking for a squad Product Owner (PO) heading our “ESG, Finance, Compliance, and Factoring” squad.
As a Data Hub Product owner, you
- will work together with your stakeholders (Sustainability team, Compliance, Finance, Factoring) and contributors (architects, sourcing teams, data managers, etc) to build and maintain ‘data products’ serving their needs. You will together develop a vision and strategy regarding these data products, guaranteeing good quality and trustworthy content.
- You identify solutions and product increments ; you determine the necessary features and prioritize the backlog.
- You help the squad to understand this data product vision and requirements and convert them into data applications and solutions. This should result in a number of concrete deliverables that can be used by the stakeholders (e.g., building new Data marts, setting up a customer database, making Data from one tool available in another tool, delivering dashboards and reporting universes (BI business intelligence), …). This role therefore is a key role that bridges between Business and IT and promotes communication between both parties. Together with the other members of your squad, you ensure that these functionalities are developed and tested.
- Finally, you ensure that the solutions are continuously supported and optimized by adding or adapting new features as the business strategy changes.
Your future job
- Ability to define a vision and set direction on your data products and to propose the right Data solutions that meet the business requirements ; continuous effort to maximize the value of these products and services towards your stakeholders and towards the bank
- Coordinate with the most important stakeholders of your Data projects; promote actively your data solutions in order to bring more ‘customers’ (stakeholders/consumers) to your products (testimonials, documentation, presentations, …)
- Help identify and prioritize business opportunities;
- Critically approach the business requirements regarding Data in the organization;
- Take ownership of the goals set by your team and represent them towards your stakeholders and Tribe Leadership during the relevant Agile ceremonies;
- Active participation to the refinement of OPUS and Features to determine value and prioritization of user stories with maximum value that fit within the Data strategy;
- Ensure backlog management, iteration planning and elaboration of the user stories;
- Leverage solutions to achieve and measure business goals.
Highlight your strengths
Your expert knowledge and proven experience are essential to this role:
- A master degree related to (economics commercial or, business or information,…) engineering or equivalent through experience : practical experience in working with data in a business intelligence or analytics department (or BICC) of a financial/telco services company (data management, data engineering and data visualization), listening and bringing solutions to your customers. Genuine interest in building or using Data warehouses/data marts, data capturing and transformation pipes, of data consumption solutions like Tableau or Business objects.
- Business knowledge of Finance, Compliance, ESG sustainability, or Factoring is an asset;
- Willingness to study the relevant regulations and policies;
- Proficiency in the Agile Way of Working (e.g. backlog management; planning…);
- An entrepreneurial mind that continues to drive the change and seeks continuous improvement (your squad is a small enterprise within a bigger tribe and bank);
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on different topics at the same time;
- Being team player and having excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Customer-obsessed mindset, as well as innovation-minded and critical mindset (‘good enough’) ; proven experience in translating the company strategy and the Tribe strategy into a concrete trajectory for your squad and for your Chapter members. Good stakeholder management upholding our Data Team’s brand and values.
- proficient communication skills (written, orally) in English as well as good level of French and/or Dutch.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to attract and retain people of all ages, from all backgrounds and each with their own experience. We firmly believe that diversity increases performance and innovation. All our full-time offers are also open to candidates wishing to work on an 80% or 90% full-time equivalent basis.
Tempted by the challenge?
Interested in this position? We invite you to apply online. You can except to receive a response to your application within two weeks.