At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a broad array of products encompassing one or more significant market segments or business lines- such as pricing, product introductions, feature and functionality development, and offer strategies. Develops and implements strategic aspects of product management including competitive and consumer analysis; product definition and design; business requirements and systems execution; pricing and profitability; metrics – both centralized and distributed across the branch network; channel integration; communication across the organization at a tactical level; legal and regulatory compliance; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Develops business strategies, and directs execution against those strategies. Partners broadly across the organization - systems, finance, legal, compliance, training, marketing and all channels - to deliver against defined business objectives successfully.
- Identifies business segment opportunities and their effects on market of present products; recommends exploitation of economically attractive opportunities. Makes strong and well-reasoned recommendations.
- Understands and represents the interests of the customer, translating customer needs into actionable business opportunities.
- Directs product managers in management of assigned product lines or services in business segment. Ensures that staff obtains technical opinions and estimates of time and costs for new product development; coordinates all activities relative to product development with other bank units such as Marketing Department, Corporate Compliance and Division Executives, etc. for the most effective and profitable introduction and marketing of new products.
- Drives the gathering of market intelligence so that business segment opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized. Helps in the planing of long-term projects.
- Recommends and implements pricing strategies that will result in meeting specific business segment and or product objectives. Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains contacts with bank officers responsible for marketing and sales of assigned product(s) to monitor trends, determine customer acceptance, understand sales officers' needs, etc.
- Evaluates current economic conditions and regulatory environment, and advises management of possible impact on entire product and service lines of the overall business segment.
- Manages vendor and partner relationships to ensure that bank objectives are achieved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10 - 12 yrs Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department. Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10-12 years prior relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of business segment’s product lines assigned including operational aspects.
- Complete understanding of product planning, financial analysis, and market research.
- Thorough knowledge of the sales and marketing aspects of multiple product lines.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Liaising with client’s appointed counterparties (custodian, prime broker, etc.) to oversee connectivity, operational flows and manage inquiries.
- Manage relationships with client contacts (internal and external) and relevant third parties (i.e. external legal counsel, transition manager, accounting agent, consultant, custodian, etc.) to ensure the highest quality client experience.
- Gains formal approvals required from BOTW Risk Management, Compliance, and New Activities Committee.
- Primary liaison to BOTW Wealth Management Client Teams and the interface to BNPP-CIB/Capital Markets and BOTW Capital Markets.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a plan for the build-out and management of a broad based investment platform for Bank of the West
- Wealth Management, high-net worth and ultra-high net worth clients, that includes a comprehensive array of complex investment and capital markets products (i.e. fixed income, equities, fx) as well as alternative investments.
- The role includes ongoing product development, implementation, marketing, management, and specialized strategic advisory services for clients, advice on the application of derivative strategies to portfolio management activities, as well as training and education for clients and client teams, as appropriate.
- The role involves building strong internal relationships with key contacts at BNP Paribas and Bank of the West, as well as with areas supporting the business, driving excellent client service, providing high quality strategic investment advice, and working with industry counterparts to increase efficiency and deliver measurable results.
- Partnering with internal and external partners includes legal, compliance, risk management, capital markets, trading, finance, marketing, IT, and operations to develop and deliver an efficient and seamless client engagement and transaction process.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Product Development