At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
the product manager for the Contact Center you will identify opportunities for
solutions, products and operational/organizational efficiencies. You will
quickly become a subject matter expert in the Contact Center operations and
leverage research and industry best practices to sponsor new initiatives as
well as enhancements to existing product lines. You will oversee all aspects of
product management including market research; profitability and other financial
analyses; product or market segment planning, development, and implementation;
and ensure they post implementation meets the objectives. Essential Job Functions
Serves as an evangelist for
products, services, and operations. Represents them internally with leadership
and serves as the expert to represent products with key internal partners. Develops
and communicates the product value proposition. Leads training of internal and
external stakeholders and assures that materials/communications accurately
reflect features and value proposition. Coordinates activities of product or
project-specific cross-functional work teams; serves as liaison between product
management and all levels of staff to assure ongoing effective administration
of products.Evaluates ideas for new products, investigates business
segment opportunities and effect on market of present products
- Manages vendor and partner relationships to ensure that
bank objectives are achieved.
- Directs the gathering of market intelligence so that
business segment opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the
effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Plans, conducts and directs major, long-term projects.
business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for
improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
and communicating the results of your efforts.
communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and
critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing
- Leads development of proposals for
new and innovative product/service concepts to accomplish Contact Center goals,
address market opportunities or issues in order to support review by senior
management and prioritization against other resource demands.
the RFP process from end to end
closely with clients, technicians, peers and managerial staff.
leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
solutions meet business needs and requirements.
user acceptance testing.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of business segment’s product lines
assigned including operational aspects.
- Complete understanding of product planning, financial
analysis, and market research.
- Well-versed in the principles of product development
- Excellent group facilitation/group process management
and project management skills.
- Analytical and research driven.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Previous project management or product administration
- Advanced critical thinking, organizational decision
making, problem solving, interpersonal, presentation and project
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and
prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work Visas at this time.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Product Development