BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rates, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 1,700 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the role is to work within an established Product team to help define and deliver electronic product solutions (e.g. Cortex) for the Rates and FX businesses.
- Front Office Intermediate Product Manager;
- Develop the product strategy for Rates and FX and translate this into a well-executed roadmap;
- Work closely with IT to validate and provide business sign-off to new Product releases;
- Be a Project owner and successfully turn a project onto a working product;
- Define data analysis strategies to inform decisions on product development and business delivery;
- Be a product stakeholder in the end-to-end product development process from requirements analysis and definition to User Experience design, technical specification, build, test and deployment;
- Work with the global Sales teams to define business requirements, agree combined priorities and determine a multi-year roadmap;
- Prepare presentations and communicate progress in a clear and structured manner.
- Academic background in Finance, Economics or Management;
- Experienced in eCommerce IT, FX or Rates;
- Experienced in defining projects and project management in relation to Global Markets and Transaction Banking activities: business case and scoping study, management of the delivery along with Business Lines / IT / Operations;
- MS Office proficiency (Excel, Word and Powerpoint);
- Risk awareness and knowledge of fundamental risk concepts;
- Ability to understand business needs and convert them into IT requirements;
- Attention to detail and ability to collaborate;
- Problem solving and ability to deliver.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.