At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to provide credit decisions on Commercial and Industrial Loans and Commercial Real Estate loans with complex credit arrangements. Work closely with Business Units delegation holders to negotiate and structure credit arrangements independent of the Business Line providing own analysis of risk. Provide oversight and monitoring of portfolio risks as second line of defense. Lending authority is generally $25 million or less. Generally supports two or more geographical areas and one industry specialty for companies with revenue size up to $75MM.
Provides credit decisions on Commercial and Industrial Loans and Commercial Real Estate loans with complex credit arrangements. Work closely with Business Units delegation holders to negotiate and structure credit arrangements independent of the Business Line providing own analysis of risk.
Provides oversight and monitoring of portfolio risks as second line of defense
- Reinforces adherence to bank underwriting policies and procedures and growth, quality and profit objectives through the loan approval process.
- Implements and reinforces policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the bank.
- May conduct training classes on new or updated policy and procedures.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data and makes final credit decisions (approval or declination) within signing authority. Recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors on regulatory issues of quality and on related trends.
- Assists in identifying and managing troubled assets and potential troubled assets in assigned area.
- Provides guidance to Business Line delegation holders as applicable on identification and management of classified and/or troubled loans.
- Ensures accurate Commercial and Industrial loans and Commercial Real Estate risk ratings
- Proficient knowledge of credit policies and procedures to ensure
maintenance of a quality loan portfolio.
- Performs reviews of specific portfolio composition and quality as
- Interacts with underwriting department, line units and service centers,
operations, accounting, appraisal, legal and other related bank personnel.
- Keeps informed of competitors’ loan programs and recommends appropriate
changes to current bank programs.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job
areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the
field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience with
10 years in second line of defense function.
- Bachelor's Degree - Required
- Master’s Degree - Preferred
- Thorough knowledge of commercial and/or real estate
lending policies, practices, documentation, and legal and regulatory
- Thorough knowledge of financial statement, business,
industry and economic analysis.
- Complete understanding of syndications, capital
markets, and other highly complex lending facilities.
- May require specific industry knowledge in more than
one industry, i.e.. agribusiness, real estate construction, etc., or
knowledge of numerous complex geographical areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected
by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer -
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management