At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Recognized both within and outside the organization as thought leader in area of expertise. Within their assigned region, responsible for the investment management, investment consulting and client relationship management for accounts and relationships in the ultra-high net worth (UHNW) team, Family Wealth Advisors (FWA) relationships and accounts. May also be responsible for the management of an investment style(s) and/or strategies, research committees and/or activities and projects associated with the FWA team and investment offering. Manages the needs and accounts of key importance and/or of a complex nature. Works closely with the FWA team to achieve team goals and objectives.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Provides advice and guidance to FWA team with respect to investment policies and procedures.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of reports for the function. Prepares periodic reports for management and others as needed.
- Manages FWA investment accounts and investment relationships of key importance or of a complex nature including meeting with clients on a periodic basis to review performance and discuss future strategies.
- Provides consultative services and solutions to FWA prospects and clients. Responsible for being Strategic Advisor and expert to FWA clients on their total investable assets.
- Maintains a continuous study of financial news, reports, digests, and financial services to keep informed of economic and financial conditions affecting markets subject to investment accounts and strategy.
- Ensures assigned accounts are in compliance with Bank audit and security standards, policies and procedures.
- Assists in the establishment of the clients’ investment policy, meets regularly with clients to review investment objectives and performance.
- Oversees the activities related to management of clients investment portfolios.
- Participates and contributes to the development of investment products; Participates in development of new business from existing or prospective customers.
- Monitors application of investment strategy and style changes for thoroughness in applying changes after they are approved.
- Maintains an active and ongoing conversion to investment policy statement for each existing account being managed using a model strategy.
- Develops business internally with Bank team, from expanding relationships with existing clients and external centers of influence.
- Performs relationship support and/or investment support activities for investment accounts depending on clients preferences.
- Performs all primary client contact and support for activities in investment accounts to whom they are assigned.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance, a related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of economics, investment strategy, quantitative analysis, and risk assessment
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills, ability to compile statistics and research information
- Strong negotiation skills
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use various software and systems (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and others.
- Prospect client and public speaking may be required i.e., Economic Investment hosted events Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of developing business internally with Bank team, from expanding relationships with existing clients and external centers of influence.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-DenverJob Type: Full-timeJob: Portfolio Management