At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
As an integral member of the CBG client management team, the incumbent represents Commercial Banking Coverage in leading the sales and relationship management activities for a defined commercial banking market. Primary responsibilities include meeting or exceeding profit goals, growth, referral quality, and service objectives through sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable banking relationships within the assigned market. The primary focus of this role is on commercial targets and identifying new opportunities to sell bank products and treasury services while expanding and nurturing existing relationships. This role is also responsible for monitoring the performance of the defined market as a whole. Success in this role requires mastery of business development, customer retention, credit, and service quality activities and processes. The incumbent is responsible for contributing to the market's credit portfolio quality and shares profit and loss responsibility with the business unit.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities within an assigned market and actively promotes ways to increase client reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the Bank.
- Works to achieve targeted goals and objectives for defined market including budgeted financial performance and monitors performance of the teams contribution to commercial coverage objectives. Actively manages an assigned market, including analyzing pertinent financial and credit data, establishing pricing for loans within guidelines established at the Division and Group level, and providing input regarding loan product pricing and features.
- Ensures market alignment with business and credit priorities; may participate in the development and implementation of Bank policies and procedures.
- May have primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of the most complex relationships.
- Operates in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, securing professional counsel when necessary Capitalizes on market opportunities through active gathering and evaluation of market intelligence and business conditions; keeps management advised on such matters; collaborates with research, product development, marketing, pricing, and operations to formulate revenue-generating product and segment coverage modifications / changes.
- Cultivates a positive image for the Bank within the designated market through participation in community and business functions / groups; ensures compliance with CRA outreach program; represents the Bank as appropriate in relationships with joint ventures, major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies, and similar groups.
- Works closely with underwriting teams for new credit requests and renewals, ensuring that relevant financial and non-financial information is available to the underwriter.
- Ensures a high standard of credit quality through the processes of credit approval and portfolio maintenance, controlling loan quality, delinquency percentages, and loan losses.
- May participate in acquisition and growth or divestiture activities in designated market, including investigations and evaluations in accordance with Bank objectives and plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Expertise in commercial lending, sales, and financial service needs of Middle Market and large corporate companies and / or specific industries
- Expertise industry / market required Strong, demonstrated analytical and research abilities
- Demonstrated Bank product and treasury service knowledge
- Demonstrated management skills
- Expert marketing skills
- Expert negotiation skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. #LI-CS1
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-Sherman OaksJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related