In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The Investment Reporting and Performance (IRP) team sits within Asset and Fund Services division of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S). The team’s mission is to provide investment analytics services to internal and external clients of BP2S. The three key services areas are:
• Service delivery of investment performance & risk analytics for internal and external clients
• Client relationship management support for internal and external clients of IRP in Asia
• Technical expertise and product consulting for internal and external clients of IRP in Asia
IRP are a specialised, analytical and client services focused team. To enable them to complete their roles fully, they are required to communicate effectively with
• Relationship Managers
• Client Service Managers
• Securities Administration
• Fund Administration
• Product Managers
• IRP team in Europe
• BNP Paribas Clients
• Investment Managers
• Assets consultants
• Data Suppliers
Their primary focus is on:
• Management (Deputy) of the Singapore team that performs IRP BAU Production Management and Oversight functions.
Singapore team responsibilities
Coordination and relationship management for IRP queries and non standard report requests
• Providing product knowledge support to the wider business and to clients
• Subject Matter Expert for transitions and projects
• Staff cross-training and coverage
Key Areas covered
• Service delivery
• Oversee and manage the production of investment performance & risk information and data for clients in accordance with the industry standards – (GIPS) as well as client service level agreement (SLA) requirements. This includes performance measurement, risk analysis and attribution analysis and report production.
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients to ensure provision of high level of service;
• Meet with clients as a subject matter expert in the field of investment performance and risk.
• Assist Head of Client Service Delivery and Implementations with BAU workflow organisation, oversight and delivery.
• Continuous improvement
• Ongoing development of the IRP platform
• Recommend and implement improvements to service for both clients and BPSS, in terms of efficiencies and new products and services.
• Ensure a robust and automated performance process in a controlled environment.
• Investigate, document, report and resolve issues and recommend corrective action where appropriate;
• Risk and compliance
• Identify and alert management to risks, deficiencies and opportunities for re-engineering of controls and processes.
• Ensure Compliance of all processes with internal policies and procedures;
• Perform other tasks as requested
Average % Time Spent on Major Activity Areas
Task allocation may vary significantly from the indicative percentages listed below due to business requirements and priorities. The percentage of the time allocated to particular tasks and the tasks allocated may change over time due to streamlining of processes and changes in organisational structure.
Major Activity or Task Allocation
Service Delivery 10%
Process Improvements 10%
Liaise with internal / external clients 20%
Ad Hoc Projects 10%
System Development & enhancement 10%
Governance & oversight 20%
Risk & Control 20%
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Strong understanding of financial markets and investment management processes, including middle and back office functions.
• Investment analytics experience (10+ years) from either a custody or funds management background
• Knowledge of the relevant industry standards (GIPS)
• Knowledge of performance attribution analysis, especially calculations, models and application to investment strategies
• Experience in equity, multi-asset attribution, fixed income attribution
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Qualifications such as CIPM or FRM or Masters (Commerce / Finance)
• Knowledge of statistical risk measures especially calculations, models and application to investment strategies
• Understanding of front office and back office functions
• Understanding of ex ante risk analysis, such as VaR, stress testing
IT Skills Required:
Package Level of Proficiency Required – i.e. Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced
Hiport / Multifonds Intermediate
IRP ( proprietary system) Advanced*
*for external candidates, appropriate training will be provided.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Critical Performance Competencies
• Customer Focus – Actively seeks opportunities to assist customers and develop rapport.
• Managing Work, especially oversight of our offshore production centres
• Strong communication skills especially with external clients
• Collaboration : Working effectively with others in the organisation outside the line of formal authority
• Technical Skills : knowledge of the performance calculation standards, Good understanding of the Investment Management process
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Out of the 10 years, 5 should be
in a performance managerial role