At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
- Provide Payment Services and Level 1 Sanctions coverage between 11AM – 7PM.
- Transaction processing in one or more of the company’s internal operations to support domestic and international customers for payment and check processing service functions.
- Perform first level review of obvious false positive (payments/Swift and non-SWIFT messages) that are stopped in our various filtering systems.
- Escalate questionable and exact matches to the level 2 team (SEE) for review.
- Ensure instructions are executable, properly authorized or signed, or authenticated where applicable.
- Correction of transactions received via automated feeds with improper formatting and or items previously disapproved by verifiers.
- Awareness of daily work levels and achieves set standards and goals.
- Identify and take prompt action on priority items.
- Ensure adherence to all external regulatory and internal policy guidelines as dictated by the position.
- Perform other support operations functions as required.
- Foreign exchange processing duties, which include, buying and selling foreign currency, entering, verifying wire transfer.
- Verify figures with the Trading group for Funds Control to ensure both areas are starting with the same opening position.
- Monitors and records all intra-day activity as received from the Traders, then compares position with Payment Services to ensure Back Office has communicated all the necessary payment instructions.
- Must have the ability to identify and resolve intra-day position for funds control and reconciliation through various reports.
- Responsible for end of day proof and reconciliation.
- Share in the rotational coverage of all functions within the area.
- Process/Validate Outclearing checks, Incoming and Outgoing Collection letters and (ACS Cash) Letters.
- Provide database feedback.
- Contributes directly to the Permanent Operational Control device: by applying the procedures, by carrying out the monitoring and by alerting his superiors to any malfunction.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field of studies.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the field of banking operations.
- Industry Knowledge: Product knowledge of Wire Transfer and Check processing business. This should be complemented with an understanding of Accounting and Regulatory background.
- Strong understanding of Funds Transfer operations as well as the rules and regulations, which govern it, (this will include both CHIPS, Fedwire LVTS and ACH.)
- Strong preference for previous banking experience with foreign exchange.
- Knowledge of local clearing systems, SWIFT and the various formatting issues associated with them.
- Bilingual : English and French
Concern for Quality, Accuracy and attention to detail.
Self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Customer Service Orientation.
- The candidate must be PC literate with a strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **