Paris - Long term internship - Global Markets - Credit Repo and Financing
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
About the Credit Repo and Financing desk
The Credit Repo and Financing desk (CRF) is positioned within the Global Market Prime Brokerage and Financing Business Unit and is responsible for raising and deploying funding in a secured way (repo type transactions). It offers short & long term secured investment opportunities, provide financing on less liquid/structured asset (eg. ABS, CLO, loans), optimizes the credit bonds lending and borrowing activities and is involved in all funding questions raising in capital markets activities. The team is global with activities in London, Hong-Kong and New-York.
It applies cutting-edge methods to optimize balance-sheet usage and risk management practices under strong capital and regulatory constraints.
What you’ll do
Working with traders on the risk management of the CRF books, the intern will:
* Provide synthetic views of risk and analysis of regulatory ratios (LCR,NFSR, Leverage Ratio)
* Identify and refine main p&l drivers
* Build ad-hoc analysis tools (using VBA, Python, others) to understand and optimise the cash position of the repo book under balance sheet constraints
Technical skills and qualification required for the role
* Strong mathematical skills
* Detailed knowledge of option pricing and their risk management
* Able to analyse complex data and draw clear and accurate conclusions
* Strong IT skills and solid knowledge of at least one programming language
* Team spirit and delivery driven
* Attention to details
* Be role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
* Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
* Consider the implications of your actions on colleague