Paris - Long Term Internship - Global Banking - Fund Financing Analyst
Internship starting in January 2020.
Job description :
Your role will consist in supporting the team on:
- Originating and executing capital call facilities for investment funds in Europe and North America
- Managing the Fund Financing portfolio
The Fund FInancing team is an multicultural team, with international reach (Europe and USA) and a successful and fast growing team (closing 10 to 15 deals a year, with the top names from the industry). The Fund Financing team is supporting the bank's overall strategy to expand on the fast expanding private equity and private capital markets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare internal credit notes on transactions contemplated for the Credit Committee
- the support in portfolio management tasks and collateral (investors) monitoring
- the analysis of a fund’s investor base as well as taking part to the overall credit assessment of new deals
- the active involvement in the development of monitoring and reporting tools to further scale this business
- analysis and establishment of new customer relationships in line with BNPP “know your customer” / compliance requirements, and interaction with clients
- the support of marketing activities of the team
- Provide support to the team in its other daily tasks
Work environment :
The Fund Financing Team is made of 7 professionals (Paris, Munich, London, including 3 interns) focused on Subscription Finance facilities (capital call/ equity bridge financings/fund linked products) for the largest global asset management firms and LBO firms across Europe and North America.
Based in Paris, you will help the team to originate/ execute new deals and manage the existing portfolio. You will be exposed to other BNP Paribas teams (Coverage, Risks, Legal, Middle Office) and to external partners (clients, lawyers, counsels, facility agents).
This job requires to work under pressure for very demanding clients (top private equity firms).
Your ability to integrate well into these different and fast paced environments is key to a successful internship.
Your progression will depend on:
- Your ability to write in English and synthesize
- Your personal involvement and ability to communicate
- Your capacity to adapt well to the working environment
This internship will help you :
- Develop your knowledge on the fast growing Fund Financing market
- Acquire a deep understanding of global asset management firms’ activities including PE, credit, and infra funds; as well as the institutional investor universe
Master degree in business school, universities and engineering schools
Fluent in French and in English
Knowledge of : investment banking, investors, sponsors, financial analysis and portoflio management, structured credit, finance, analysis, risk analysis
Office pack - Excel, IT software, programming tools