Oracle Database Administrator BNP Paribas is looking to build an IT Engineer team that will provide monitoring and administration of Oracle databases for BNP entities across Europe during business and non business hours. The goal is to ensure that the DBA services provided to the business are stable, resilient, and performant.
The PaaS department is in charge to manage a key part of the infrastructure such the core of the servers, databases, middleware, storage, and OS. Within this domain, Oracle DBA has a relevant role, as this component is part of our baseline and cover a large part of our databases scope. This position is focus on the Administration of Oracle databases in European scope contributing to ensure the DBA services provided to the business are stable, resilient and performant.
The DBA team is responsible for production support of all Oracle databases, most of them located in Paris.
- Monitoring and capacity management
- Backup and recovery
- Performance analysis
- New database/server architecture and builds
- Ad-hoc consulting to application teams
- General incident and service request resolution
- Change Management
The candidate selected must contribute to preserve the required performance for a very demanding service with many critical databases running on it.
What qualities do we look for?
As an Oracle DBA Administrator, we expect very good knowledge in the following areas:
- Administration of Oracle databases (mainly Oracle 12.1 and 19) with good practical skills related to: o Linux, UNIX based administration skills
- Expertise on: 11g, 12c and 19c database versions, Oracle enterprise Manager, RMAN, Oracle ASM, Oracle RAC, Data guard, Database tunning, Linux Scripting: Python, Shell
- Automation skills (ansible, python, shell scripts, bash…)
- Delphix (database duplication & masking)
- Multitenant environments o Golden Gate o Exadata
- Expertise on High Availability environments
- Team and collaborative working to develop and deliver appropriate solutions skills
- Experience of delivering strategic priorities within strict timelines
- Customer service-oriented skills
- ITIL Foundation knowledge will be desirable
On site presence (hybrid mode) and on call support is expected
General skills we expect:
- Very good communication skills in English (oral and written); knowledge of French is a plus
- Understand and follow written instructions and procedures
- Be able to provide updates to existing documentation and procedures
- Very good communication skills and capacity to provide feedback
- Teamwork – we work together and not as individuals
- Adherence to the team schedule
- Capacity to maintain focus on given tasks
- Be proactive
- Respect the processes
Why choose BNP Paribas?
- Progressive career development opportunities of a large multi-national bank
- Talent Development opportunities within BNP Paribas Group
- Employee culture that is focused on creating a great place to work
- Multinational business environment
- On-the-job training and networking opportunities