In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Products to cover by the team
- Fixed Income
- Listed Derivatives
- Trust Investment
Securities Back Office is responsible for the day-to-day settlement and corporate action management/asset servicing for above products. Team operates in close collaboration with traders, marketers, sales and other internal function teams to offer client-first post trade services. This role is responsible for JGB and Japanese Corporate bond products.
- Trade Capturing in Back Office systems
- Settlement with onshore/offshore clients
- Processing Life Cycle Events – Corporate action management and asset servicing
- Day To Day Control & Monitoring
- Accounting Control
- Tax processing
- Reportings (Client/Regulatory/Internal)
- Billing processing
- Request for Static Data maintenance
- Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions (“AML/FS”) related duties
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Communication：Verbal & Written Skill in English and Japanese. Work with others. Interact across countries, cultures and external. Deal with senior management, clients and regulators. Speak with confidence.
- Work Quality & Efficiency：Process improvement. Design new processes and documentation. Time management.
- Decision Making：Make a decision, Out of box approach. Change management. Adapt to new ways. Initiate projects.
- Team Work & Culture：Team player. Tust and confidence. Acknowledgement. Lead by example. Effective feedback. Understand organization goals and strategies.
- Problem Solving：Root-cause analysis. Provide solutions. Escalation. Priority.
Specific Qualifications Required
- Native in Japanese and business level in English
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve new product and process
- Compliance and Risk mindset
- At ease with numbers
- Time management and Prioritization skill
- Comfortable with OA skill
- 2 years experiences minimum in Financial Industries
- Settlement experience in Fixed Incoproducts (but not mandatory), but more preferred in Fixed Income (JGB) area
- JSDA Sales Representative Qualification (Class 1 & 2)
- JSDA Chief Control Manager
- SWIFT knowledge