Ops Engineer @ IT Pay – m/f/x – [Digital]– m/f/x
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Want to shape the bank of tomorrow today?
Payments are becoming, more than ever, a commodity product. Today everybody expects to make or receive payments anywhere, anytime, fast, cheap and secure.
BNP Paribas Fortis is one of the largest payment processors in Europe. New and existing IT technologies are being developed and maintained out of Tribe Payments in Brussels following the agile methodology. Our teams work in multi-cultural and empowered squads who deliver new functionalities and enhancements on a frequent basis.
The mission of the Tribe Payments is to grow as a reliable and cost-efficient payment service provider for customers of BNP Paribas Group worldwide, whilst implementing innovative technologies and payment products. Interested in joining us?
Your future job
Tribe Payments is looking for an IT Ops Engineer for its squad ‘International Payments – Connect’ (IP Connect).
The squad is responsible for the evolution of the International Payment engine at Tribe Payments. This engine is used by many BNP Paribas Group entities to process their customer’s international payments. The squad is providing a service for on-boarding corporate and institutional clients, bringing new business to BNP Paribas group. The Payment engine itself runs on Linux but is also supported by mainframe applications. Future developments of the platform will use Java Technology.
As Ops Engineer in the squad IP Connect, you have the following responsibilities :
- Co-ordinate the overall risk and continuity of the International Payment Engine for the different system environments.
- Prepare and manage the various production releases of the squad and take action to address any incidents or issues.
- Participate to the analysis, design, development, integration, test and support of the International Payments product.
- As a Linux/Unix and Mainframe expert, you provide the maintenance of programs, scripts and tools around the system.
- Other activities include the management of Excel macros (for automation) and Windows administration.
- In interaction with other IT Tribes, you put in place the links to other systems used as input/output.
- You will ensure the 3rd line support to end-users.
- You will document the solutions.
- Working place is Brussels. Nevertheless, given the fact that the Shared Service Center is international, your squad will regularly be in contact with other entities in Europe.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a bachelor or master degree in IT and at least 5 years of experience
- You are fluent English is mandatory; a good level of French/Dutch is an asset.
- Required knowledge and experience:
- Technical experience
- You have an experience in packages development and server configuration.
- You have knowledge of Linux/Unix (bash scripting, awk, …), Cobol, Java and Control-M (Unix and Windows)
- Agile experience is a plus
- Business experience
- You have knowledge of banking and payments products. Knowledge about SWIFT and international payments is an asset.
- You have experience in process analysis of payments requirements.
- Soft skills:
- Team player who promotes communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Result oriented: adapts to the context and wants to obtain the best possible result considering available means.
- Act and analyse proactively.
- Pragmatic and problem solver.
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude, self-motivated.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment. .
- Ability to build working relationships in a complex environment.
- Ability to manage stakeholders.
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more?
, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!