At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Manages a team with a focus on oversight of business processing, quality assurance program, controls and governance activities and administration (including records management) within the assigned Commercial & Corporate Bank (“CCB”) – Equipment Finance Division (“EFD”) business unit. In this leader role, this individual manages four work activities in the business unit including:
- Quality Assurance specialists and a Business Controls Officer who work closely with the CCB Controls and Governance team and EFD managers to validate the EFD control framework through vigorous testing plans and documentation
- Controls and Governance specialist that is aligned with the Controls and Governance Office of the Commercial and Corporate Bank and who works seamlessly across EFD managers regarding all matters related to Governance and Compliance activities in the platform
- Administrators who perform business processing tasks related to post booking contract maintenance (portfolio ~50K contracts) and test environment activities that support CCB systems teams
- Administrators who are responsible for EFD records management, business continuity plans and adherence to BoW RIM policies. Additionally, these Administrators also support EFD Tempe administrative activities related to vendor management and invoice processing (Coupa) as well as administrative support of the EFD Tempe teams.
- Business Systems Analysts who perform technical support and business processing for platforms used in Dealer Financial Services and Managed Services business segments. The Analysts perform technical system support and business processing (i.e. month end closings, testing and engagements with platform vendors), and work closely with BOTW systems teams
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and manage a cross functional team who provide oversight perform business processing tasks related to contract maintenance (post booking), quality assurance activities (working in concert with CCB Controls and Governance team), business administration tasks including records management, business continuity planning and vendor administration and business systems support (2 platforms).
- Leads business unit quality assurance activities and works closely with CCB Controls and Governance team to monitor control environment and testing design/performance (business processes). Manages QA workbooks and report out activities across the business platform.
- Make decisions on escalated matters. Works closely with peer group managers in the business unit and CCB across areas of responsibility. Provides creative solutions to complex business problems, especially related to assigned business processing tasks.
- Manages Administrators who complete post booking changes (monetary and non-monetary) to contracts in the business unit. These changes occur daily and include complexity, especially related to monetary change requests.
- Coordinates business unit records management activities including electronic imaging of transactions files as well as paper storage at off site locations. Leads business unit efforts to develop and maintain business continuity plans and supports all administrative activities of the business unit platform (Tempe, AZ).
- Manage team members who support specialized business systems platforms including Dealer Financial Services and Managed Services. These team members perform both technical support work and business processing related to month end closings, testing and Vendor/Partner engagements, i.e. resolving escalation issues related to business processing.
- Manage hiring, training, promotion and career path opportunities to optimize staff expertise and recruit / retain high-performing staff administrators.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge and skills within a specific tactical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas and teams within the organization
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience as a manager in an Equipment Finance business, Commercial Banking or Financial Services enterprise
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.