At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing various operational activities and provide support in assigned unit. Assists Operational Unit meet service levels consistently by coordinating information among internal/external customers and resolving moderately complex operational issues.Card Operations-Claims on the posting title in addition to Ops Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions
- Responds to various moderately complex operational issues for internal and/or external customers.
- Receives and reviews incoming work, contacting appropriate resources as needed.
- Prepares, edits, distributes, and/or corrects standard documents.
- Maintains a moderate working knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards and workflow.
- May act as an escalation point.
- May assist in identifying operational improvements.
- May review and analyze daily reports and make recommendations as necessary.
- Working with general ledgers, knowledge of the chargeback process.
- Current chargeback experience and customer service background preferred. Knowledge of Regulation E helpful
- Ability to learn information quickly and process on multiple applications.
- Customer Service experience helpful.
Other Job Duties
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Good knowledge of the products, policies and processes related to unit assigned.
- Good knowledge of banking operations.
- Reconciliation Services.
- Researches and resolves the most complex out- of- balance conditions.
- Reconciles multiple complex GL accounts and communicates effectively with business partners to resolve outstanding discrepancies.
- Balances figures, computes totals and perform other mathematical calculations.
- Communicates frequently with other departments and branch employees to resolve escalated issues.
- Utilizes multiple systems and software applications to complete required research.
- Retains accurate and appropriate supporting documentation.
- Trains other employees as requested.
- Performs quality assurance reviews or user acceptance testing as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations