BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Within the Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) business, RISK ORC GM focuses on capital market activities.
RISK ORC GM is a "global" team present in Asia-Pacific, Americas and EMEA.
The main mission of RISK ORC GM is to ensure global and front-to-back representation of operational risks.
RISK ORC GM is in particular in charge of:
- analysis and review of operational incidents
- the conduct of operational audits and "control testing"
- facilitating the governance of operational risks and internal control, including the various business transformation projects
- facilitating the "network" within RISK by establishing a privileged contact with the other actors of the department but also with all the other functions in order to anticipate the operational risks of CIB-GM.
- Purpose: Act as senior operational risk analyst carrying out a range of duties (listed below) with a particular focus on the equity derivatives/ prime services business.
- Scope: EMEA
Within RISK ORM GM, Operational Risk Analysts supervise Global Markets Operational Risk (”OR”) Management framework, according to the RISK OR delegation framework in force and more specifically:
- Assist and advise GM management on taking decisions with OR impacts (e.g. ‘NAC’, New Activity Committee), -
- Challenge GM 1st Line of Defence on risk identification, risk assessment, risk mitigations (incl. remediation or effectiveness of controls), risk transfer, insurance
- Contribute to GM OR watch liaising with and animating RISK ORM GM OR Stakeholder Network
- Assist and advise GM on ‘expertise» risks in connection with RISK ORM Corporate, OR capital and regulatory matters in connection with RISK ERA & RISK Anticipation -
- Operational Risk Analysts also ensure (i) the consistent extension of the Group and CIB OR policies, guidelines and procedures across GM activities, and (ii) the correct implementation and animation of GM OR governance (e.g. in terms of ICC and OR related committees, delegation of authority)
Skills & Experience Required
- Equities (Proficient)
- Market & Financing Services (Proficient)
- Risk Analysis (Proficient)
- Trading (Beginner)
- Custody (Beginner)
- Structuring (Beginner)
- Ability to develop others & improve their skills (Proficient)
- Ability to conduct a negotiation (Proficient)
- Analytical Ability (Proficient)
- Ability to manage a project (Proficient)
- Ability to understand, explain and support change (Proficient)
- Ability to Synthetise/Simplify (Proficient)
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork (Proficient)
- Proactivity (Proficient)
- Organisational Skills (Proficient)
- Programming skills – python (Beginner)
- Data Analysis Skills (Beginner)
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.