BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
The Operational Risk Control & Analysis Reporting (ORCAR) team is part of the RISK function within BNP Paribas Group,
under Enterprise Risk Architecture (ERA) and more specifically Strategic Analysis and Reporting (SAR) department.
Generically, the mission of the RISK function is: to advise the Bank in terms of risk appetite, to contribute as an objective
“second pair of eyes” ensuring risks taken on by the Bank are aligned with its policies, to report and alert Bank Management of the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed, and to contribute to the development and growth of the risk culture within the Group.
Within the RISK ERA department, RISK Strategic Analysis and Reporting (RISK SAR) consists in servicing the Chief Risk
Officer, the General Management and the Board, as well as the RISK business domains, for each type of risk on 4 themes:
Data management, Risk regulatory requests, Portfolio and strategic risk analyses, Capital calculation for market, counterparty and operational risk.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Producing operational risk reports and analysis at Group level, Business lines an Regional level
- Operational Risk Historical Incidents (covering diverse outlooks such as Loss, Gain, Provision, Opportunity Cost, Conditional Loss, Fraud, Near-Miss)
- Audit and Supervisory Recommendations (covering Internal and external scopes as well as recommendations from Regulators)
- Producing and contributing to the regular and ad-hoc regulatory requests (e.g. QIS, COREP, ICAAP, and Stress Testing)
- Analyzing the operational risk indicators, based on different dimensions
- Taking part in the data quality actions through the analysis of the data and reporting
- Ensuring that the procedures and practices of the team are aligned with the Group’s policies and procedures
- Contributing to the development of existing reports by the:
- Development and implementation of solutions using the latest available software in the Group
- Automation of the manual processes in collaboration with other RISK teams
- Proposal of new ideas/views for the existing dashboards based on new data models and new taxonomies
- Improvement of the existing dashboards
- Contributing to the correct implementation of the permanent control framework in the team
- Ensuring that policies, procedures, and best practices are well applied in the team
- Providing an adequate level of training to team colleagues as well as newcomers
- Actively participate in Risk Lisbon Hub transversal initiatives (by driving new initiatives or by participating on existing projects)
- For Senior Analyst, at least, 4 years of experience in:
- Risk / Business department and/or Audit firm / Finance department as Auditor
- Knowledge on operational risk & permanent control
- For Analyst,1st experience (appreciated) in:
- Risk / Business department as Analyst or Audit firm / Finance department as Auditor
- Knowledge on operational risk & permanent control appreciated (appreciated)
- Master level
- Fluent in English
- Skills to manipulate data in excel file
- Strong analytical skills with high capacity of data crunching
- Analytical skills and rigorous mindset with high quality of deliverables in tight deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptation capabilities depending on the workload
- Autonomy and curiosity to work on various topics
- Capacity of interaction / communication with multi stakeholders
- Organizational skills to anticipate the production of deliverables and work on several projects in parallel
- Capacity of innovation and transformation
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.