About the job
The Operational Resilience Coordinator is responsible to coordinate the implementation of the Operational Resilience activities listed in this JD related with the following scopes: (1) business continuity, (2) IT resilience, (3) physical security and (4) crisis management in order to assure compliance with the institutional norms and standards.
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to the review, analysis and implementation of BNP Paribas Portugal Branch and BNP Paribas Securities Services Branch (hereafter identified as Branches) Operational Resilience framework and in particular the norms and standards, identifying and validating any exception to these norms and standards to the respective areas
- Support the site growth strategy ensuring the direct supervision of secondary sites in Porto, liaising with the areas the respective needs (transformation and run)
- Assist on setting the necessary governance for the scope, including reporting and the alignment with existing committees, composition and content, as well as identification of new instances if required
- Act as entry-point for Operational Resilience topics on the site
- Lead functionally BCM resources allocated to the site as per Head of Branches BCM guidelines
- Contribute to the definition and update of the Crisis Management Playbook and act as delegate of the crisis manager role assigned in the country-wide and/or entity’s crisis management organisation during an incident situation
- Ensure the maintenance and relevance of communication links with relevant stakeholders for BNP Paribas Portugal Branches and all BNP Paribas entities in Portugal
- Coordinate the local deployment of awareness’s, notably for the new joiners and ensure the controls requiring local presence such as the Safe Desk policy
- Participate in the investigation for IT Security related incidents, which require a physical presence in Porto premises
- Participate in the organisation of the evacuation exercises
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor's (3-5 years) in Economics, Management, Finance (preferencial)
- Experience in Risk Management and Project Management area ([3 - 4] years)
- Fluent in English
- Creativity & Innovation/Problem solving
- High analytical and communication skills (written & spoken)
- Ability to work as part of a team will also be expected to prove autonomy, determination and capacity for initiative to achieve objectives set by Management
- Ability to anticipate business/strategic evolution
- Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.