About the job
- Global Markets OPC & TAC Coordination is part of the Conduct & Control Office and also operates in all regions with the primary objective of strengthening the front to end internal control set up for GM, designing the operational risk cartography and driving the operational risk regulatory capital. The department is organized around 3 streams
- Operational Risk Practice: contribute to protect the business (P&L, reputation)
- Regulatory Practice: support any regulatory requirement with a sustainable framework, in line with the dedicated Governance, Control Plan & Risk Assessment
- Conduct Practice: assess and challenge the effectiveness of the Conduct control set-up as well as ensure a full convergence between Conduct Risk Identification (CRI), Risk and Control Self-Assessment – RCSA)
- The three Practices are further supported by three transversal Streams
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment & Capital (Prevention)
- Design and maintain the operational risk cartography in line with the Process / Risk / Control approach on both BAU & Major Scenario
- Drive GM Operational Risk Capital calculation & allocation
- P&L Protection & Control Monitoring (Protection)
- Strengthen FO to End control set up through the analysis of operational risk incidents and the determination of risk reduction actions
- Drive the Métier in the answer, follow up and closure of any internal or external recommendation
- Materialize, maintain & improve the FO control plan in dedicated systems
- Validation Process: (Supervision)
- Coordinate the validation processes and ensure adherence to approval policies under the business responsibility (new activity, exceptional transaction, new proprietary index, new automated trading strategy, among others)
Your Main Activities Are
- Provide regular reporting on the main operational risk indicators (Historical Incidents, Recommendations)
- Contribute to the reporting and analysis of control results
- Build reporting, dashboards, templates addressed to internal and external stakeholders
- Support the oversight and follow-up of different OPC initiatives
- Use different tools to collect and analyse data, as well as structuring queries and performing routine maintenance of reports
- Ensure data input & quality check
- Support the execution of governance committees and presentations
- Participate to analysis on process, risk review and risk reduction programs
- Support the OPC team with Ad-Hoc requests (Audit requests, regulatory, among others)
- Liaise & Interact with OPC teams worldwide on a daily basis
- Provide digital solutions and proactively suggest improvements on reports on a continuous basis
Profile and Skills to Success
- Degree in Management, Finance, Science, Maths, Engineering or related
- Min 2 year previous experience as a data analyst
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office tools
- Analytical and quantitative skills, Precision, rigorousness
- Programing skills (Python, SQL, VBA)
- Good awareness of Operational risk and fundamental risk concepts
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to learn
- Team spirit, ability to work with others
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form (English)
- Experience in investment banking is an advantage
About the Team
- Global Markets (GM) is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. It is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo
- Within GM, the Chief Conduct Control Office (CCCO) is a transversal and independent team responsible for overseeing the non-financial risks and deploying a strong conduct and permanent control framework around these risks, while ensuring integrity and sustainable development of GM. Working in strong cooperation with Business Lines, transversal teams, functions and Bank General Management, GM CCCO has a global mandate across all platforms and all regions
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.