About the job
The Procurement activity at Group Strategic Sourcing (at Group and Entity level) supports the Entities of BNP Paribas Group in the process of buying goods and services to get the best combination of quality, cost, risks and delivery time. Its mandate covers all the Group external expenses.
The Permanent Control Officer contributes to the mitigation of operational risks in Group Strategic Sourcing Services (GS2S) and participates in the implementation of the permanent control framework within this entity.
Your Main Activities Are
- Support on the coordination and follow up of GS2S Operational Risks and Permanent Control framework
- Periodically report to management the Operational Risk framework and Permanent Control system status
- Model Business Processes in the modelling tool (ARIS) which compiles the processes, risks and associated controls
- Ensure the respect of Group procedures by implementing independent controls on the activities of operational stakeholders and identify the need for additional controls.
- Ensure the implementation of control plans, the respect for the control tests execution and monitor permanent control results.
- Perform second level controls
- Identify incidents/failures and measure risks by collecting or creating operational risk incidents (historical and potential incidents)
- Challenge and monitor the implementation of action plans resulting from operational risk framework, permanent control system or audit and regulators recommendations.
- Design risk maps and analyse the need for adjustments in control plans.
- Launch risk assessments over existing and new processes.
- Develop and perform training or awareness sessions on risk and control framework.
- Support on the implementation and operational maintenance of GS2S Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Support and monitor operational risk incidents
- Support on IT Security matters
- Applies Data Quality, Integrity and Protection criteria to his/her perimeter/scope of responsibility.
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management, Law, or other relevant fields of expertise
- Knowledge of Operational Risk & Permanent control related activities is a strong plus
- Knowledge of Business Continuity is a strong plus
- Knowledge of Business Process design is a strong plus
- Overall knowledge of banking activities and the financial industry is a strong plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, and Word) is mandatory
- Analytical skills
- Rigor and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluency in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate) is mandatory, and domain of French is a strong plus
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal Present in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.