About the job
- The OPC Team Leader will report directly to the Head of GM OPC Portugal and will be responsible for the coordination of a dedicated practice within the team. The position will provide the candidate with an excellent opportunity to utilize and enhance their current skills set, as well as to develop leadership tools and knowledge on the different streams of the team and Global Markets
- The role exists in order support the management to ensure continued high standards on the OPC team, following the fast-paced growth of the team
Your Main Activities Are
- Coordinate BAU and projects within the stream
- Take or propose measures to improve the performance of the team and lead by example
- Manage the Team development and progression
- Assist management with appraisals, objectives and PDP plan
- Oversee ad-hoc queries arising from Management, Business, Compliance, within a Global Remit
- Participate to analysis on process, risk review and risk reduction programs
- Contribute to professionalism and motivation of your team by maintaining good communications and team spirit
- Ensure team procedures are up to date
- Provide ad-hoc management reporting when requested
- Facilitating communications with other teams and functions
- Liaise & Interact with OPC teams & management on a daily basis
Profile and Skills to Success
- Degree in a Business School or an Engineering School
- Experience in Team Management would be a plus
- Good knowledge of Operational risk and fundamental risk concepts
- Contribute to professionalism and motivation of your team
- Maintaining good communications and team spirit
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Logical and decision making capabilities
- Assertiveness, Reliability, capacity to deliver
- To be proactive and exercise effective time management skills
- Good (English) written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present work to a large group
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment meeting deadlines and re–prioritising work throughout the day
- Proficient IT skills including Excel, Macros and PowerPoint are a plus
About the Team
- The Global Markets Operational and Permanent Control (GM OPC) set-up faces increasing Regulatory and Conduct demands beyond pure Operational Risk. As part of Strategy Conduct and Risk (SCR), GM OPC operates over the 3 main regions, through the three following Practices
- Regulatory Practice: support any regulatory requirement with a sustainable framework, in line with the dedicated Governance, Control Plan & Risk Assessment
- Conduct Practice: assess and challenge the effectiveness of the Conduct control set-up as well as ensure a full convergence between Conduct Risk Identification, Risk and Control Self-Assessment – RCSA)
- Operational Risk Practice: contribute to protect the business (P&L, reputation)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.