About the job
- Implementation of the Group policy related to Operational Permanent Control (OPC) Framework within the Business line Wealth Management (WM)
- In the hierarchical line to Head of Portugal International Markets Hub (PIMH) OPC, in hierarchical line to Head of WM PIMH and in functional line to CCO, located in Paris, the Senior OPC Corporate Officer is responsible to ensure the efficacy of the 1LoD, which span of responsibilities covers:
- Permanent Control set-up & maintenance
- Management of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) related Processes
- Dynamic management of the Operational Risk Management
- Management support and governance
- Follow-up of findings, recommendations & Métier-to-implement Permanent Control actions
- Coordinate requests and/ or actions raised by the Group, Functions, IG, etc
- Awareness, training and advisory
Your Main Activities Are
- Update the 1LoD Control Plan, in line with the Group’s and/ or the 2LoD Generic Control Plans
- Coordinate the roll-out of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process, including the risk identification and the design of controls (KSPs)
- Contribute to the Procedures Management, review/update the Operations-sponsored policies & procedures, in adequacy with the Group’s norms/ requirements, the Métier’s guidelines and/ or applicable regulations; and coordinate / manage "Procedures committees" and community
- Coordinate the delivery/disseminate the 1LoD Control Plan, Métier’s policies, procedures and KSPs to the OPC Community
- Propose and monitor mitigation actions relating to gaps/ anomalies highlighted by performed controls
- Ensure periodic and ad-hoc reporting to the appropriate level of management as well as to 2LoD
- Collect and analyse the Operational Risk incidents (IH)
- Collect and analyse potential incidents identified by local OPCs and ensure the implementation of relevant remediation plans defined at local level
- Track to completion and report on findings, recommendations and Permanent Control actions
- Participate to any meetings or Committees subject to tackle operational risks and contribute to the local Internal Control Committees
- Ensure and/ or help in building appropriate training on Operational risks and Permanent Control framework is provided to WM employees in HO and entities
Profile and Skills to Success
- Undergraduate degree in Economy, Finance, Banking or Risk Management with similar equivalent professional qualification
- Expert or relevant experience in Permanent Control or Risk Management and exposure to the Financial Services or Private Banking industry is mandatory
- Knowledge of financial instruments and processing systems
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis with rigor delivering quickly and frequently
- High quality documents within deadlines, multitasks management
- Proactive and initiative capacities, reliability, autonomy and dynamism with strong organization
- Communication skills (orally and writing), open minded, team player
- Ability to build network working relationships with various stakeholders: Paris Conduct Office, Compliance, Risk, OPCs across the world, Business Functions
- Good knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- English fluency
- French is a plus
About the Team
- Since 2015, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has a competences center in Lisbon named the Portugal International Markets Hub (PIMH). This center manages certain activities for the International Markets (IM) sites of BNP Paribas WM namely Switzerland, Luxembourg, Germany and Monaco
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.