At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing management oversight for a defined operational activity, serving as the vendor facing relationship contact for the assigned business function(s) within the offshore team. Manages directly through subordinates in a matrixed environment to ensure business standards and service levels are consistently achieved as agreed.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Conducts timely and reoccurring meetings with offshore & onshore team, document discussions, issues, action items and appropriate resolution as it aligns to scorecard performance criteria.
- Receives and responds to provider related information request and concerns.
- Requests and /or assists in the development of corrective action plans for standards not met by vendor.
- Serves as liaison between the bank and the vendor for project support and coordination, business continuity situations and other operational incidents.
- Maintains online documents and data for audit purposes.
- Monitors and adjusts the daily workflow to ensure that operational commitments are met.
- Oversees the development of staff to ensure utilization in other areas of the organization. Exercises authority concerning hiring, performance management, reviews, promotions, salary decisions and terminations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, project and tactics with one area. Typically has advanced knowledge and skills with a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- 10 years minimum prior relevant experience
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Experience working with vendors in a managed vendor environment
- Experience managing operations teams in a complex environment
- Management skills
- Requires practical knowledge in managing vendor relationships.
- Strong knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in banking and/or finance industry
- Knowledge of technology processes and products
- Knowledge of disciplined vendor management principles and practices across the multiple disciplines.
- Ability to build and strengthen partnerships
- Desire to work in a continuous improvement environment
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Bank Services