Reporting to the Manager, Account Services , this role will be responsible for the successful delivery of new client Onboardings within the Financial Intermediaries and Corporates team. The Onboarding manager will support the Manager, Account Services and provide overall project direction, obtaining an understanding of client needs and leading the planning and execution of the project. There are a number of areas in which this role with will cover:
LCC and GC Implementation Planning and co-ordination
The Onboarding Manager is responsible for the, preparation of transition timetables and project plans, providing co-ordination and project management of each transition, ensuring successful execution of the transition of assets and successful integration of the client’s holdings. The role will also involve assisting the Relationship Management and Account Managers with the handover of new activity to BAU.
This role will also be responsible for any restructure or client exit activity for LCC & GC clients.
In addition they provide a trouble-shooting or analytic evaluation on adhoc issues or projects as they arise.
They will apply their technical ability and analytical and management skills to ensure set ups and transitions are completed meeting agreed time and quality standards. This will include the maintenance of required documentation and process and procedure creation (as required) As the role works closely with the wider Operations team and BP2S teams, building and leveraging relationships across the business is an imperative. On an ongoing basis the nature of the role will be largely consistent but future projects and their scope will vary depending on the prioritisation, needs and growth of the business.
A motivated, results focused person, they demonstrate a strong client service ethic and have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and they are effective interpersonally and have a demonstrated capability of dealing with all levels of stakeholders. They also can produce effective and informative presentations as required. They maintain awareness of changes in markets and industry systems and processes, which they apply to their analysis and service delivery.
Planning and resource management skills are also critical to success. Given that each transition will vary from each other, the Onboarding Manager must be able to manage the competing priorities and develop the flexibility within the team to meet the competing demands.
They demonstrate excellent relationship management skills as their role works closely with their counterparts at the client’s and/or in the global custody network and/or with BP2S to ensure successful completion of all client requests. They also have effective working relationships internally with Business Implementation, Client Service, Coverage, IT and Operations.
- The onboarding of new clients onto the Local Custody and/or Global Custody Platforms.
- Project planning, governance and control.
- Relationship management, internal & external stakeholder management & communication
- Managing project risks, issues and interdependencies and acting as an escalation point for workstream issues
- Preparation and maintenance of Onboarding documentation and artifacts for internal and external use.
- Technical understanding and oversight – utilizing financial services, funds management, custody or administration industry experience and working closely with stakeholders to ensure in-depth understanding of current operating model, processes and end to end operations.
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting on progress at clearly defined points to ensure the onboarding is completed on time and successfully.
Qualification / experience
- Approximately 7+ years in Financial Services, with specific technical knowledge of Custody Operations and/or Business Implementation
- Demonstrated capability in project management & planning, good numeracy and analytical ability
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or a related discipline and substantial industry experience in a like role.
- Ability to foster and maintain strong interpersonal relationships both internally and externally
- Strong people leadership and management capability
Accountable - Take personal responsibility, delivers against personal and team goals
Accuracy & Attention to Detail - Ensure correctness and quality in work
Communication - Effective verbal and written communication & effective interpersonal ability
Leadership Ability - Ability to motivate, develop and engage their team
Maturity & Judgement - Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively with complex issues, learns from experience, assesses issues using relevant information and applying intuition. Makes informed and considered decisions.
Quality in Delivery - Completes all activities with a quality focus, investigates and resolves issues or activities fully.
Results Focused - Understands the strategic objectives of the role/area and works or delegates to ensure their achievement with a quality focus.
Relationship Management - The ability to foster, develop and sustain effective and meaningful working relationships with stakeholders, contacts and colleagues
Strategic Focus - The ability to consider competing conceptual or real elements and factors in finding solutions, to think laterally and to focus on potential outcomes before determining the best course of action.
Time Management - Prioritises, delegates and manage workflows effectively to achieve individual and team goals