We are looking for a Nordic Local Products Officer based in Stockholm.
About BNP Paribas in the Nordics
BNP Paribas is a leading European global bank with a presence in 71 countries, and more than 199,000 employees. The Group holds key positions in its three main activities: Retail Markets, Investment and Protection Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking. BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions for large corporates and financial institutions. The Nordic Region was flagged as a priority development region by BNP Paribas top management in 2017. The Group has a strong growth ambition in the region for its three activities. With around 900 staff across Personal Finance, CIB, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the International bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
As a Nordic Local Products Officer at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a team spread across the Nordic countries, working closely with other Nordic teams but also with our service providers in Lisbon and India. As a Nordic Local Products Officer, your mission is to primarily act as 2nd level entry point with particular expertise in the Nordic Cash management product offer and local specificities in the Nordic region. You will be mainly covering client requests providing responses to our remote 1st level client support team or to our clients during implementation projects. The main tasks in this role can cover a wide range of activities but will mainly focus on the following:
- Provide pre-onboarding or ad hoc advisory to our clients and business teams on Nordic payment specificities, including direct debit and other local clearing schemes.
- Coordinate requests for new on boarding our clients to domestic payment & clearing products, account openings, closing of existing accounts or amendment requests with the support of the remote service teams.
- Act as primary contact with centralized payment management platform (payment activities).
- Participate or represent Nordic operations on various domestic forums linked to the domestic offer, i.e BankGiro in Sweden, Nets in Norway and Denmark.
- Act as local correspondent responsible for managing client information in the bank’s referential tools
- Perform recurrent controls and reconciliation of data sets in the frame of compliance/AML requirements (Control on Tax accounts, Dormant accounts monitoring, blocked accounts, internal and suspense account) and data quality topics.
- Collect, analyse and report data from various data sources in the frame of various regulatory/authority reports.
- Ensuring physical and digital archiving of the legal documentation
- Working as cross country back-up for other LPO officers in the Nordic team
To be successful in this role you ideally have a background and experience of working in finance or back office or have prior experience working closely with clients and therefore have developed the needed soft skills and are client oriented. We believe that you are a natural problem solver, risk aware result oriented and quality focused with ability to adapt in rapidly changing priorities. You are also a committed, service minded and independent person, who can see the big picture. You have an analytical ability with attention to details. You possess excellent communication skills both written and spoken, in English. Local language is an advantage.
BNP Paribas can offer you a stimulating environment with colleagues from several different nationalities and an opportunity to develop your banking knowledge and getting good insight into one of Europe's largest banks. Please submit your application in English as soon as possible.