BNP Paribas in the Nordics
BNP Paribas is a leading global bank employing 190,000 across 75 countries. CIB is the investment banking division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our clients with capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions as well as M&A and strategic advisory. BNPP is a leading bank within ESG with the objective to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business
Nordic Region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every CIB business line in the region. With around 900 staff across CIB, Personal Finance, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the International bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
Within this context, the Nordic Global Markets team is seeking highly motivated candidates with a firm grasp of the financial markets and a drive to work in a highly dynamic, meritocratic and rewarding workplace for its 2022 Graduate Programme. The Stockholm-based roles offer successful candidates an opportunity to work in both a global and local context supporting top Nordic corporates and institutions navigating the financial markets.
The Nordic Global Markets Sales Graduate Programme offers 24 months experience across a range of asset classes (FX, Interest Rates, Credit, Commodities and Equities) covering institutional and/or corporate clients. You will also have the opportunity to visit and work with the London, Paris and Copenhagen based teams. This will give you an immense opportunity to learn about a variety of products, clients and markets over the course of the programme.
These will vary between the institutional and corporate sales desk but the following can be expected:
- Generate ideas, pitch and execute financial markets products.
- Support activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis.
- Provide market commentary for internal and external distribution.
- Identify new clients for the business.
- Support client initiatives.
- Develop presentations for use by team.
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills with the ability to influence
- Methodical, logical, systematic, pro-active and solution-driven approach
- Creativity and willingness to challenge and innovate
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Team player
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
Technical skills and qualifications
- Excellent academic background in minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage)
- Excellent spoken and written English and fluency in at least one Nordic language
- Previous internship or work experience
- Customer Relationship Management and Strategic Commercial Coverage skills
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
OPENING DATE: 6 Sept 2021
CLOSING DATE: 1 Dec 2021 (hiring is done on an ongoing basis)
POSITION START DATE: Aug 2022 or before