About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The Corporate Platform Administrative Assistant is part of the Administrative Services Group. The Administrative Services Group supports day-to-day operations and are responsible for office management support for all Global Banking North America Front Office staff. Daily tasks include, but are not limited to: travel and expense management, cost control implementation, acting as SPOC for visiting employees, TOMNET management, new hire on-boarding, room bookings, presentation assistance, Business Continuity Planning, Facilities coordination, calendar and meeting management, small event management, Facilities coordination, etc.
The Administrative Services Group supports four Business Lines – Corporate Coverage Financial Institutions Coverage, Global Credit Markets, Trade and Transaction Solutions, and Business Credit and Portfolio Management. The Administrative Assistant staff for the Global Banking Platform supports all front office staff and will report to Head of Administrative Services for the platform.
The primary role of the Admin Assistant is to support the day-to-day activities of the Global Banking Front office team with a focus on optimization and quality of service. The individual in this role will be responsible to ensure that administrative support is provided to all Front Office staff. The Admin Assistant, would also be expected to proper back-up Coverage for the CBC Platform as needed.
- Expense Management – Processing invoices and T&E expense claims for team members. Ensure all policies are followed and items are processed within provided guidelines
- Telephone coverage for multiple executives
- Provide administrative support for the team
- Actively manage the calendars of multiple team members and work effectively with other administrative assistants to coordinate/plan meetings and conference calls, which may involve numerous time zones
- Book international & domestic travel arrangements and organize itineraries
- Process timely and accurate travel expense reports
- Develop and maintain electronic files as needed
- Assist with staff onboarding and off boarding which includes requesting equipment setup and system access
- Manage general office needs such as ordering supplies, mail distribution, facilities management and floor maintenance
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in executive interactions
- Work cooperatively with national full administrative assistants team, in positive partnership to back up each other smoothly
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Willing and able to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team to ensure that the needs of the group are always met and that adequate assistant coverage is provided to the group
- Make yourself available to your peers to assist with overflow, special projects and day-to-day tasks
- Strong Technical skills – hardware and software
- Tasks, whether routine or urgent, are completed successfully and in a timely manner
- Understanding and demonstrating good problem-solving skills
- Calendar management/document organization
- Other administrative/general tasks
- Maintain department equipment (fax machines, copiers, printers, etc.)
- Coordinate group coverage (i.e., vacations, training and temporary assistance)
- Establish and maintain open communication policies with peers and managers across the country
- Maintain familiarity with all policy and technology updates
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Participate in planning of events and marketing activities.
Minimum required qualifications:
Minimum 5 years executive administrative experience (3 years with high level ED (Executive Director) or MD (Managing Director )/SVP (Senior VP) preferred
Proven PC skills, highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure, and flexible
Able to work with minimal supervision, works well individually and in teams, shares information, and supports colleagues
Solid organizational and time management skills
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to produce high quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization
Excellent telephone skills (i.e. takes accurate and complete messages)
Expected work schedule 8:30am-5:30pm, M-F with flexibility for overtime depending on the work load
FINRA Registrations Required: No
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.