In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The Network Specialist will have responsibility for the oversight, support and management of BNP Paribas distributed LAN / WAN environments in the production environment. This includes market access and trading infrastructure with multicast. The candidate must possess an understanding of a complex combination of various technologies and operating systems and be able to design and implement the network solutions. Some regional travel and the ability to provide 24/7 support is also required.
- Design/Implement new infrastructure on a project basis
- Proactively recommend projects based on monitoring, prior expertise, hardware knowledge
- Closely link with his or her counterparts to ensure definition and strict adherence to technology standards, both local production and Global
- Work with production architecture group to gather requirements, design and deploy network infrastructure
- Work with system support team members in troubleshooting complex, cross platform issues
- Monitor service management system to ensure operational issues are being managed
- Perform 3rd level support for the WIFI, corporate LAN, MAN and WAN Infrastructure
- Ensure standard practices are followed within the team, including security, and other corporate IT policies
- Participate in On-Call rotation schedule for after-hours escalation thru life of project
- Exercise proficiency with ITP Policies and Procedures, including Change Controls
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- At least 15 years of experience
- An experience in Financial institution is a plus
- Experience supporting market access and trading infrastructure environment
- Thorough knowledge of Network Management products and proficiency with ITP-standard monitoring tools such as Micro Focus or HP Network Automation, Zabbix and Solarwinds
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and a detailed knowledge of networking technologies such as Metro Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, DWDM, TDM
- Thorough understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, PIM, IGMP, DHCP, and DNS
- Working experience with optical systems specifically ADVA supporting 10G, 40G, 100G and FC
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco products including the Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switching platforms, Cisco ISR and ASR routing platforms and Juniper EX switches
- Knowledge of the English language is required
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada's Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **