At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for sourcing and originating first mortgage loans through traveling to, and building relationships with,
realtors and home construction companies. Also responsible for cross-selling bank products and works to build the
Bank's image and multiple customer relationships.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Sources and obtains first mortgage inquiries from existing customer base, bank referrals, and external business
sources using targeted marketing and/or advertising efforts.
- Conducts presentations at branches, real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer's seminary or any other
venue to solicit first mortgage business. Advises new and existing customers on various loan programs based on
the customers' financial needs.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in
determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk to the Bank. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans
- Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data. Analyzes current rates and loan programs and
provides accurate and timely information to customers.
- Manages pipeline to ensure service standards and financial goals are met.
- Transacts business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA,
and Fair Lending Practices
- Acts as liaison with borrowers/customers, other bank employees, outside entities (realtors, title and escrow
officers, etc.) as well as other division staff, to facilitate a prompt, efficient closing of each loan.
- Keeps informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and
regulations pertaining to both private and government -insured mortgages.
- Consistently works in accordance to published department sales and service standards.
- Consistently manages to prescribed personal and business unit sales plans as well as the overall strategy of
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EducationLicenses & CertificationsSkills
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with
- Requires 3 years minimum experience in mortgage sales.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Prior experience, with proven results, in first mortgage sales and customer service preferred.
- Financial products or services experience is highly desirable.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-SacramentoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales