In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The position at a glance
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
Risk Independent Review and Control is responsible for the Model Risk Management framework for the BNP Paribas CUSO and IHC. Within RISK IRC there is a Model Governance team and several Model Validation groups. The Model Validation groups are responsible for performing an independent effective challenge of all modelling choices in accordance to internal policies, procedures and standards and under the umbrella of Federal Reserve Board letter SR11-7. In addition, we participate to validation projects for the BNP Paripas Group based in Europe.
- Conduct independent quantitative reviews of models used within BNP Paribas in accordance with internal standards and regulatory guidance, in particular SR11-7 and Basel Regulations
- Provide challenge of conceptual soundness, reasonableness of model output, implementation and any other relevant modelling aspects impacting fit-for-use.
- Work with validation managers to develop an appropriate validation plan to provide effective challenge commensurate with the level of model risk
- Produce documentation of effective challenge process and materials to support committees in review and decisions
- Defend conclusions to management
- Ensure all record keeping requirements are met
- Follow and Contribute to Improvements of Standards, Procedures and Policies
- Follow internal standards for independent reviews as well as internal policies and procedures
- Through internal feedback contribute to the evolution and development of internal standards and procedures
- Assess ongoing model performance
- In addition to model validations review performance monitoring results and perform annual reviews
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Minimum Required Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Quantitative PhD, Masters or other advanced degree.
- 2+ years’ experience producing high quality written technical documentation
- Experience in building or validating models – ideally those relevant to banking activities
In addition to the minimum requirements, it is desirable for the candidate to be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of investment banking activities with expertise and credibility in at least one significant modelling area
- Experience or interest in Predicting Modeling and Data Science techniques
- 2+ years programming experiencing in statistical or mathematical languages such as SAS, R, Python, or MATLAB
- Strong quantitative and statistical skills (time series analysis, logistic/ linear regression, and segmentation, AI or machine learning techniques).
- Experience in modelling or detailed business/transaction knowledge of any of:
- CCAR/DFAST and Capital Planning modelling
- Credit Risk modelling
- Predicting modeling, Data Science, Machine Learning (ML) or other Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques
FINRA Registrations Required: Not Applicable
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **