Corporate & Institutional Banking (“CIB”) offers clients capital markets, financing and advisory services. It is a globally recognized leader in many areas of expertise including structured financing and derivatives, across a variety of asset classes.
Financial Institutions Coverage (“FIC”) is a global coverage organization reporting directly to the Head of CIB. FIC is responsible for the origination, development and management of trusted global client relationships that thrive. FIC aims to be recognized as strategic client advisors, focusing on a “One Bank Approach” to protect and build existing client wallet share, while selectively attracting new high potential clients. FIC also seeks to globalize client relationships through building strong cross-selling between regions and business lines, such as Global Markets and BNP Paribas Securities Services business. FIC is committed to act as champions for BNP Paribas’ Sustainability and Digital agendas with clients, and to be the first line of defense for the firm from a regulatory, risk and compliance perspective.
Globally, FIC is organized in three regional hubs (London, New York, Hong Kong) with over 428 professionals worldwide, based in over 30 countries. FIC is focused on five institutional client sectors Insurance, Banks & Financial Intermediaries, Investors (Hedge funds, Asset Managers and Pension funds), Official Institutions (including Central Banks and Sovereign Wealth Funds) and Financial Sponsors. As the activities of institutional clients converge across sectors (Insurers/asset managers; financial sponsors/insurance, etc.) the sector bankers dynamically collaborate to ensure the firm understands and is responsive to the client needs as these evolve.
The FIC Americas team encompasses over 102 professionals located in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Mexico City, Bogota, São Paulo and Santiago.
The role reports to the Head of Financial Institution Coverage Americas and to the FIC Global COO. The Regional COO of Financial Institutions Coverage in conjunction with the Regional Head of FIC, drives and oversees the development of FIC’s commercial strategy for financial institutions and assures the control framework and governance of the team.
The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
· overseeing the achievement of FIC’s core objectives, namely:
o Advise the Head of FIC Americas regarding the formulation and execution of global and local strategies for FIC Americas.
o Work closely with local and global colleagues within and outside FIC to develop global and local strategies for FIC Americas.
o Coordinate Client Revenue and Cost Budget and Forecast process for FIC Americas
o Coordinate the process to recognize and track outcomes relevant to performance of FIC Americas clients
o Coordinate the cost and headcount budget process for FIC Americas with FIC Country Heads and Global and Regional Performance Management teams
o Design and implement appropriate KPIs and tools (e.g. scorecards), to monitor business result and individual performance
o Drive the implementation and decision making process of the strategic initiatives.
o Ensure business change projects are monetized and delivered in line with management requirements
o Drive and organize different business forums and prepare management presentations
o Design and develop the integrated Client Action Plan process with GM Steerco to optimize business model and coverage resources
o Support in the preparation and content of management presentations for regular and ad-hoc meetings
o Organize periodic FIC Americas gatherings (eg. set agenda/logistics.)
o Represent Head of FIC Americas at various meetings and on committees when needed and as delegated.
o Principal liaison for FIC Americas to all functional partners Client Engagement/DD, Client Lifecycle, ITO, Finance Risk, Compliance, OPC, BCP and Inspection Generale to ensure operational efficiency and maximize result
o Assure the control framework of the team in conjunction with CCCO Americas, Audit, Compliance, Control Rook and HR
· Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the FIC team by:
o creating the structure and processes necessary to manage its business activities
o Building and implementing a governance & control infrastructure across FIC, ensuring that all team members are fully aware of the Control Framework and are compliant with regulations governing the operation of the FIC scope
· Responsible for contributing to the ability of the business to adapt to developments in markets, client needs, technology and business strategy by;
o client franchise development initiatives
o cross-selling of other business lines initiatives
Minimum Required Qualifications
· 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry
· Excellent working knowledge of the broad banking and financial institutions environment and strong all-round product knowledge
· Strong leadership and Management skills
· Execute and lead strategies developed by the top management team
· Experienced in managing complex budgets
· Strong decision making skills
· Strong numerical and analytical skills
· Strong communication and soft skills
· Knowledge of regulatory regulations a plus
Behaviour Skills :
Communication skills - Expert
- Is an effective communicator, who can present or skilfully communicate complex ideas, strategic and critical messages or ideas to large, culturally diverse and unfamiliar audiences, including in conflicting situations, both across and throughout the hierarchy and/or the top management.
- Can adapt the message appropriately according to the communication modes & referential systems of the audience/target, in a balanced and timely manner and in line with business/strategic interests. Escalating issues as necessary.
- Uses nonverbal communication where appropriate.
- Is able to balance listening and talking to foster a productive dialogue.
- Shows confidence when presenting and answers challenging questions.
- Ensures that messages and policies are passed on at a regional and global level.
Ability to deliver / results-driven - Expert
- Proactively identifies areas of development, improvement or ways to maximise results and takes initiative to implement relevant actions, in the short and long term.
- Where relevant, works proactively and autonomously, implementing work processes, ideas and solutions, including in situations where information is missing or unusual. Proactively identifies areas of development and/or improvement; follows through to solution
- Is organisationally savvy, executing strategies across groups and hierarchies
- Sets ambitious objectives or standards of performance for subordinates, others and the organisation
Ability to collaborate / team work - Expert
- Works towards developing team goals above their own, supporting team members and acting to suppress self-related constraints. Is a facilitator who unites and creates synergies
- Sees the big picture and understands the interdependence between their activity and other individuals, teams and functions.
- Appreciates, embraces and capitalises on workplace diversity and the various viewpoints and contributions from different nationalities, cultures, backgrounds, gender, age groups, and additional categories protected by the law
- Creates a working environment where team members feel truly valued and included, their career path is discussed objectively and they share an infectious ambition to help one another to improve group performance overall.
Organizational skills - Expert
- Consistently readjusts the activities and organisation of multiple tasks/people/teams in order to cope with unexpected elements or changing priorities, taking into account multiple criteria such as availability, skills, performance, delays, etc.
- Is recognised for their planning and organisation skills.
- If relevant, delegates to multiple people, coordinating complex projects/activities with important interdependence
Personal Impact / Ability to influence - Expert
- Inspires, engages and motivates others.
- Creates success by inspiring people want to go further.
- Capitalises on successes by making people want to go further.
- Makes a long-term commitment to establish a results-oriented culture by holding every person accountable for their contributions and by identifying meaningful goals for each member of the team.
- Acts as a role model, both with regard to commitment to the core values within the company and to the corporate and social responsibility role of the company.
Transversal skills :
Analytical Ability - Expert
- Objectively reviews and connects all the relevant information and associated elements related to their work, from multiple angles, and finds appropriate solutions.
- Actively seeks out and monitors critical industry information and activities inside and outside the organisation and integrates this into their activities.
- Handles multiple and complex reports/information sources. Is able to rapidly analyse incomplete information to enable decision-making.
Ability to develop and leverage networks - Expert
- Has developed and maintains a broad network of relationships within, as well as outside, the company - includes partners, suppliers or clients.
Critical / Strategic thinking - Expert
- Sees the big picture. Identifies relationships that underlie complicated situations, identifies areas of improvement or problems to be solved, as well as more subtle influences and variables often missed by others.
Ability to develop others & improve skills - Expert
- Seeks and creates specific development opportunities for team members or people they work with, on behavioural, transversal and technical skills.
- Identifies and defines long-term development plans in terms of learning and development.
- Shares learning experiences for the benefit of the shared individual/corporate objectives.
- Acts as a coach/mentor. Tries – based on a coaching approach – to maintain and increase the versatility of employees.
- Promotes the emergence of talents and identifies and addresses underperformance effectively.
Business Skills :
- Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities, where relevant
- Able to strike the right balance between Risk and Reward to maximise client impact and return to the Bank
- Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and Guidelines
- Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions his/ her team help originate and manage
- Ensures the whole group understands importance of appropriate Conduct in all its forms
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - acts with discipline and high ethical standards
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good Conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
FINRA Registrations Required:
Series 63, 79, S24 (or will need to be obtained within a reasonable amount of time)
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York is between $340,000 to $380,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.