BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements
Department purpose / objectives:
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
Purpose of the position:
Addition to London Market Access Sales Team in G10 Rates covering predominately non-EU27 based Hedge Funds and Banks.
Specific Responsibilities of Role:
Business & Clients
• The Market Access Sales role in G10 Rates strives to efficiently capture all flow activity across the GBL’s client base.
• The skillset should include a strong technical knowledge of our products, an up to date awareness of the firm’s views, trade ideas and a strong understanding of the bank’s digital tools and initiatives.
• The MAST role leads the charge in promoting our electronic trading capabilities as well as the adoption of internal innovation focused on driving efficiencies in the coverage and execution workflow.
• This is a high frequency sales desk and the successful candidate will need to be able to efficiently execute a high frequency of transactions.
• Work closely with G10 rates trading, eCOO, IT, Quant desk analysts, Macro Sales and MAST Bespoke teams.
• Collaborate and engage equivalent teams in other Global Business Lines.
• Build relationships with MO, Risk, XVA.
Competencies required for the role:
• Strong understanding of Bond Markets and ideally experience in derivatives.
• Digital Mindset, competent using data.
• Being risk minded and conscious of risks involved in executing trades.
• Being able to build internal networks and gaining trust.
• Willingness to work harmoniously with others.
• Hunger, drive and a strong work ethic.
• Experience working with eTrading venues a plus.
• Self-starter, taking responsibility for growing your own business.
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good Conduct
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
• Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
• Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).
• Ability to undertake a number of issues simultaneously is essential as well as the ability to work under considerable pressure
• Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.