BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
In charge of periodic control, Inspection Generale carries out the function of internal audit and contributes to the protection of the activity and reputation of the BNP Paribas Group.
Inspection Generale provides an objective assurance of Risk Control to BNPP Group operations globally and is headed by the Inspecteur General who reports directly to the Group CEO.
Within Inspection Generale, the “Markets & Models” Audit Line is in charge of covering the audit perimeter pertaining to Markets & Models group-wide. In particular, the scope of the Audit Line includes Global Markets activities, ALM-Treasury and all models in use within the Group.
Global Markets assignments will cover all markets products (Fixed Income, Equity, Commodities) and all cash and derivative activities.
ALM-T assignments will cover such topics as Liquidity, Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB), MLT Funding and Treasury operations.
Models assignments will involve thorough reviews of the Model Risk Management set-up with a strong focus on key topics such as model development, model validation and approval, implementation, back-testing, use etc.
Assignments will often be transversal and/or thematic covering a specific activity or topic in multiple countries or product lines worldwide.
The Markets & Models Inspectors report to the IG Deputy Head in charge within Inspection Generale of the Markets & Models Audit Line.
Purpose & Scope of role
Purpose: an inspector takes part in audit assignments on the Markets & Models audit line scope, included in a team of several inspectors (head of assignment, inspectors and senior inspectors). He performs the audit tasks and takes part in the different steps of an audit mission, in order to provide an objective view of the businesses and functions in the audit line perimeter.
Scope: Global. The position requires a high level of availability (at least 3 missions per year in France or abroad, for approximately 10 weeks each time). Expected duration of the position is on average 3 years and Inspectors will have the possibility to work on assignments covering different topics across the perimeter of the Audit Line during the course of their stay with IG.
Key Responsibilities of role
During assignments, inspectors will:
- Analyze and assess the quality of the risk control framework in the Audit Line perimeter,
- Ensure that all applicable regulations and internal procedures are being complied with,
- Formulate dedicated Findings and Recommendations in order to remediate to identified gaps pertaining to this referent framework,
- Assess the actions of the management teams audited,
- Contribute to and produce key deliverables such as diagnosis notes, synthetic feedback to auditees, assignment ratings, assignment reports, etc.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Any of the following experiences prior to joining IG:
- Experience in market activities
- Experience in ALM-Treasury activities
- Experience in model development or model validation departments
- Excellent adaptation skills
- Ability to work in a team in a stimulating and demanding environment
- Ability to lead interviews
- Negotiating skills
- Capacity to analyze and synthesize information
- Good writing skills
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Mastery of financial mathematics and statistics
- Academic background such as a master in Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Probability, Stochastic and Financial Mathematics among others will be a strong plus.
- A second language, e.g. French, is a plus.