We are a fundamentally different bank. We are a local bank with a global outlook, with the strongest environmental policies of any major US bank, and we are led by one of the few women CEOs in the industry. We know money deposited in a bank has the power to finance positive change which is why we’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. Our policies make us the bank of choice for some of the nation’s leading outdoor retail companies, as well as a variety of environmentally and socially sustainable companies and nonprofits. We are the only major bank to be a member of 1% for the Planet, The Conservation Alliance, Protect Our Winters and the Sustainable Ocean Alliance. As part of BNP Paribas, the 9th largest bank on the planet, Bank of the West is able to leverage the resources and expertise of professionals in 68 countries. We are the bank for a changing world.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a dynamic, digital-first leader who can bring to life what makes our Wealth offering different from others. This role will be responsible for delivering on bold and unconventional marketing programs that will grow the bank’s Wealth Management practice. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of consistently tying a direct line between marketing activities, and meaningful, tangible business results. This is a senior level position with the bank’s Growth & Transformation Group and will report to the Head of Brand & Consumer Marketing.
Essential Job Functions
- Understand consumer behavior and their relationship to marketing and brand in a modern digital context
- Develop a full-funnel approach to campaign development across the end-to-end Wealth customer journey
- Relentlessly pursue world-class marketing that is benchmarked for quality far outside the financial services category
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to compelling communications even in the face of a highly regulated industry
- Develop insights on program performance, create reporting tools/dashboards to share data, identify opportunities for improving outcomes, and work cross functionally to implement changes.
- Oversee and manage third party agencies
- Craft clear and compelling narratives that can influence key stakeholders
- Manage, lead and inspire a team of direct reports and indirect contributors
- A consistent track record for strategic marketing communications program visioning, planning, execution, and measurement
- Exceptional marketer and storyteller with strong creative sensibility and deep experience with content marketing
- Proven ability to drive awareness, demand generation and engagement from digital content and campaigns
- Strong project management skills: ability to define success criteria, identify project risks and opportunities, and effectively lead teams, timelines, details, and budgets
- Right- and left-brained thinking – ability to combine creativity with analytics to make data-driven decisions while not compromising the brand
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with functional and regional leaders within Bank of the West and BNPP
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible with an eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done (even the unglamorous things).
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- The ability to self-motivate, prioritize and lead multiple tracks of work simultaneously
- The ability to think differently, challenge conventional wisdom, and drive new best practices
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.