At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This role will lead a team responsible for measuring, analyzing and reporting on the impact of the Bank’s marketing campaigns, evaluating success and providing guidance on further optimization of media mix, new customer incentives and prospect targeting. Develop, manage and enhance information and analytics framework to support growth strategies and business optimization initiatives for Growth & Transformation (Marketing, Communications, Customer Experience & CSR).
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the design, development and performance of complex business models used to analyze marketing attribution, campaign results and customer profiling. As an expert, facilitate periodic reviews with internal stakeholders to achieve efficiency and growth.
- Author and share impactful data-driven insights that help optimize marketing spend to drive increased consideration and new to bank customer acquisition. Strong ability to share the analysis story in a clear and easily digestible format with Growth & Transformation partners.
- Establishes standard and ad-hoc reporting. Ensures robust data infrastructure, including technology platform and reporting tools. Define key metrics such as campaign performance and return on marketing spend. Examines benchmarks and perform appropriate analysis to make recommendations to senior management regarding growth opportunities.
- Recommend strategic direction, new initiatives, policies, and potential enhancements to existing business activities, working in conjunction with product and line managers. Develops mid-term and long-term goals and related measurement and reporting activities necessary to assess performance. Present recommendations to executive management.
- Facilitates presentations for senior management designed to present relevant information in an impactful manner.
- Ensures that business related data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely to support the business’s mission.
- Manages the prioritization of analytics and reporting projects, ensuring that projects are prioritized to support the bank's top business objectives using an agile and collaborative approach.
Other Job Duties
- Works proactively and independently with Marketing, Product, Data and Analytic partners across the organization to perform the core job functions.
- Collaborate with media partners and external vendors to develop and refine media mix modeling to inform marketing spend
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Media Mix Modeling, Campaign forecasting and attribution analysis
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Solid experience with Adobe Analytics, relational databases, and use of Tableau or other BI presentation tools.
- Experience presenting financial and business metric results, including trends and analysis
- Thorough understanding and application of principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts, as well as developing new concepts, techniques and standards
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to create insights and recommendations from analysis and convey proposals to marketing leaders.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Francisco, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.