About the job
- Participate in the technical implementation and analysis of important “Change the Bank” initiatives about
- The Value-At-Risk Model limitations (Risk Not in Model, proxy choices)
- The P&L Explain of trading portfolios
- The cartography of Market Data and the mapping between product and their pricing models
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of cutting-edge tools and dynamic dashboards to support the analysis and monitoring of risk and regulatory metrics
- A truly diversified role where you can interact and learn about the challenges faced by the Market, Counterparty and Financing risks experts
- A chance to expend your network within BNP Paribas Europe and worldwide RISK GM experts from APAC to Americas
- The opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of the Bank’s products and activities (Capital Markets, Financing activities,..), both from a conceptual and from a practical viewpoint
- The opportunity to concretely apply academic principles related to option theory or data analysis & science
Your Main Activities Are
- Effectively deliver complex oral and written messages in a clear, structured, accurate and concise manner, based on facts
- Value and integrate client's feedback to improve products, services and processes
- Ability to integrate information from diverse sources, often involving large amounts of information
- Ability to produce accurate work and systematically check that information is accurate, precise and verified
- Ability to anticipate and takes initiative to answer a particular situation, to learn from experiences and to deploy curiosity about topics outside their immediate scope
Profile and Skills to Success
- Some relevant studies in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related discipline
- An interest in developing practical solutions to a data analysis problems by being proficient with R or Python
- Some familiarity with financial products would be a definite advantage (bond pricing, definition of Greeks (Delta/Vega/Gamma), concepts of option pricing) and will be preferred
- A desire to create a lasting impact
About the Team
- RISK Global Markets – provides full transparency and dynamic analysis of the market, counterparty, valuation and liquidity risks managed by CIB Global Markets to BNP Paribas top management. Based on the Group’s risk appetite statement, RISK GM contributes to the definition of GM’s target risk profile, its risk decision making process and the optimisation of capital allocation to support its development. It will monitor the actual risk profile of GM versus this target one, and assess how it may be impacted by new activities and upcoming evolutions
- More specifically, RISK GM proactively identify, analyse and review market and counterparty risk exposures on an ongoing basis; contribute to define or approve a risk measurement framework, in particular official market and counterparty risk measurement methodologies used to compute Value-at-Risk (VaR), counterparty exposures, regulatory capital, as well as to define limits and control exposure; assist and advise all levels of Management on risk-taking decisions; contribute to the valuation process and the valuation risk monitoring; define a consistent collateral framework across the covered perimeter
- We cover products in Equities, Commodities, Interest Rate, Foreign Exchange, Emerging Markets and Credit trading desks while also covering the dimensions of financing and counterparty risk hedging desks (i.e. XVA)
- We are looking to recruit individuals who are technically competent to embrace the depth of products encountered in the capital markets today from a technical market risk analysis perspective, who champion diversity with open mind-set, who are receptive to change and comfortable to fit into a fast pace working environment, who are motivated to learn and who are sufficiently self-driven to achieve their goals
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.