About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 190,000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Businessline/Function :
ISPL FSS is set up as a Shared Service Centre and works on an Extended Plus model, within a defined governance structure. It is a Global hub and delivers services to CIB/BOW Finance teams across the geographies. It is organized by 6 work streams and provides services across 29 countries.
Performance Steering within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
Business Line / Function:
Financial Shared Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Jobholder is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting in management accounting systems, production of the monthly revenue accounting and management reporting including preparation of standard and ad hoc reports, supporting the annual budget & periodic forecasts exercise, calculation of intercompany charges/billing, responding to audit queries and coordinating with various teams to ensure proper completion of monthly deliverable.
All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Cost/Management Accounting & Control Functions
- Manage / perform reconciliation and control checks between management accounting & financial accounting systems for expense scope
- Post monthly journal entries (accruals/prepayments) & adjustments in management accounting system for correct management reporting
- Review, substantiate & sign-off on the balances for accounts in scope
- Prepare monthly management reports & other related management reporting within pre-set deadlines
- Work closely with regional Meter PMs / Country PMs and Head Office Finance in analysing business performance
- Provide analysis and response to questions raised by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management
- Ensure the figures reported by the team are accurate and compliant with Head Office Management Accounting rules and principles
- Update, maintain and advise on monthly system parameters & referential (i.e. mapping tables) for management reporting
- Manage adhoc assignments as requested by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
- Perform sanity checks / high-level reviews of monthly and quarterly reports, raising questions to the senior reporting analysts for further investigation
- Provide assistance in responding to questions / requests for information to auditors, regulators
- Review process documents and keep the procedures for production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
- Actively participate in production of the annual budget and forecast exercise following HO and Regional PM guidelines
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
- Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools as well as system amendments/ enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
- Help formulate system enhancements for operational process improvements in production, control procedures and workflow to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Assisting in integrating and streamlining reporting under the team’s responsibility.
- Provide cross-training to team and perform specific duties as assigned
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 8 years of experience in a global financial services company
- Prior accounting, management reporting experience desirable
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAP, Smartview/Essbase and MS Access desirable
- Willing to work in late evening shifts
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
At least 8 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)