What is this position about?
The Client Development team sits within BNP Paribas’ Securities Services business. The team encompasses sales managers, relationship managers, client service managers, a marketing manager, a business management team and a regional bid management team. The team is responsible for maintaining relationships and driving revenue for the Securities Services business in Australia, with the bid management team having regional responsibilities.
What would your typical day at BNPP Paribas look like?
Securities Services bid management focuses on the end to end sales lifecycle and embeds our go-to market sales strategy within the tender process. We have bid managers covering deals across the Asia Pacific region. We connect frequently with the global bid team in terms of sharing information, working on projects and working through the pipeline of deals.
The business management team looks at the client development processes and procedures that we have in place and completes local analysis and reporting, as well as leading local, regional and global projects. We connect frequently with the regional business management teams and attend frequent regional community and management meetings.
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Overseeing and providing guidance for the project management and submission of regional request for proposal (RFP) responses, including overseeing preparation of RFP presentations and dress rehearsals
- Engaging with the global proposal team to allocate the pipeline of deals, ensure global best practices are applied in the region and Asia Pacific is involved with global project initiatives
- Overseeing and ensuring the proposal database is kept up to date
- Review, maintenance and creation of client development procedures
- Driving local, regional and global business projects
- Completing analysis and preparation of management reporting
- Maintenance of sales pipeline, including tracking budgets and revenues
- Conducting research on prospects utilizing web based / vendor applications
- Encouraging good team spirit through inclusive, transparent and connective behaviours
- Seeking feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement
What is required for you to succeed?
Technical and behavioural competencies:
- Mature understanding of the Australian market, the global custodian industry, the inner workings of Custodian Services and the tender process
- Self-starter with outstanding communication skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Independently motivated and ambitious to drive a successful outcome
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software, Qvidian database, and client relationship management (CRM) tools
- Tertiary qualifications essential
- A Bachelor's degree in commerce / finance or a related area will be highly regarded
- Financial services experience relating to Banking is highly advantageous
- Experience with Qvidian is highly valued
About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : Commercial et Relation Client
Travailler au sein de la filière Commerciale et Relation Client de BNP Paribas, c’est accompagner ses clientes et clients au quotidien, dans les grands moments de leur vie personnelle ou professionnelle.
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.