About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions..
About Businessline/Function :
ISPL Compliance Hub is focused to protect the reputation of the Group and effectively manage risk across all business areas by providing support to various Compliance functions. At present, the department is broadly organized into divisions, which embed into the areas they support to provide services for Global Compliance Training, Capital Markets Surveillance, Electronic Communication Surveillance, Compliance Migrations Co-Ordination, Personal Account Dealing, MIS and Projects support. The team works closely with business partners in CIB and the wider group.
28th July 2022
ISPL Compliance Hub
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To have management support within the team to work closely and assist the department in budgets reporting, OPC, SLA Management and BCM. To help oversee and maintain robust reporting and governance controls.
Data Quality Control
- Help in creating regular dashboards for counterparts and senior management reporting
- Maintain and report on quality assurance conducted within the department with root cause analysis and action points with the help of the domain manager in conjunction with CoE head
- Ensure information is collated and sent for any IG / audit requests in conjunction with the managers and Compliance CoE Head. Inform OPC and ISPL Compliance about responses and maintain a track of the data sent.
- Ensure that the calendar of meetings is respected. Meetings are set up and facilitated
- Ensure relevant documents for the processes and department are created, maintained and updated on regular basis e.g. Business Continuity Plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Service Level Agreements etc.
- Ensure that BCP / BIA documents are updated and reviewed annually, facilitate the DR drills, call tree testing, Alternate BCP site testing, laptop testing, etc. as required by the BCM team
- Ensure Activity Review Process (ARP) is in place for all processes and SLAs.
- Ensure SLAs are maintained and updated (as required) to keep it current.
- Specifically, ensure that SOPs exist for all processes, are duly validated and followed; BCP documentation is in place and regular testing is carried out (and gaps are identified and addressed)
- Regular Service Level/Steering Committee review meetings are set and minuted
- A robust follow up of all action items, with full transparency provided in subsequent steering committees/SLA review meetings
- Liaise with OPC on all control gaps, close gaps in a timely manner; robust follow up of all incident action plans and Audit findings and recommendations; provide transparency in this regard
- Ensure RACI is in place for all teams / processes and is approved by Onshore.
- Maintain an updated headcount and org chart for the team (including updated HCP file, headcount file, list of open positions, etc.)
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Administering budgeting and, financials data collection and consolidation, assisting with budget/forecast reviews and representing the financial data in various meetings/forums to Compliance Senior Management when required. Provide budget information on an adhoc basis as required
- Provide the invoicing details to Finance team on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure to follow up and liaise between Finance teams and onshore counterparts/contractors for pending invoices and any queries around the invoices
- Be the SPOC for Performance Management in the Finance team
- Other Administrative responsibilities:
- Be the SPOC for Admin, IT Security and Physical Security along with restricted area premises and logistics attached to Compliance Hub seating plans
- Coordinate with the Projects Office for the annual Voice of Customer (VoC) survey for Compliance CoE
- Be the SPOC for BRAVO awards and report the same on a quarterly basis to HR Business Partner
- Ad hoc administrative responsibilities as and when they arise
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Preferred experience in the world of projects, preferably in the financial services industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and a demonstrated ability to interact with all people within an organization
- Strong comfort with data and analysis; rigorous follow up and a keen eye for detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools in particular Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of Microsoft Access is also desirable.
- Knowledge of the role of Finance and financial reporting is also an advantage
- Sense of precision and attention to detail in maintaining documentation and audit trails
- Strong Focus on Meeting Deadlines
- Experience of working in international banking business structure
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)