The Local Account Management team is dedicated to providing a premier level of service to the external local clearing & custody clients of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S).
The provision of clearing & custody solutions to clients is one of BNP Paribas Securities Services primary target market segments. Local custodians within the BP2S Network are recognised as being key distributors of local market knowledge and subject matter expertise across settlements, corporate actions and cash services.
The LCC Account Management is responsible for all aspects of service delivery and relationship building for their allocated client base. This broadly covers all portfolio cash and securities reporting, client representation of failed and settled transactions (cash & securities) and the key point of contact for client’s account held with BP2S.
The LCC Account Manager is responsible for conducting regular service calls to off-shore clients and face-to-face service reviews with domestic clients. They are responsible for managing the overall “relationship” on behalf of BP2S Australia Branch and developing our brand in this segment.
* Transaction processing is completed by Banking Operations but overall awareness of transactions as well as local custody system expertise, is required of the LCC Account Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Custody Account Management within the Banking Services Operations (BSO) unit, the key purpose and remit of the role will be as follows:
to provide staff management, an escalation and senior account management to the LCC Account / responsibilities of this role will be as follows: responsibility
- Serve as the 1st escalation point and for Client issues and internal stakeholder teams.
- Staff management of the LCC Account Management Team.
- Proactive engagement with clients, internal stakeholders and business functions.
- Assist in strategic planning and implementation with the Head of Custody Account Management
- Management oversight responsibilities for our offshored service providers (eg. APAC BP2S LCC Account Management, LCC Operations Teams).
The role has full accountability for the following::
- People management responsibilities for the LCC Account Management team.
- Management of and contribution to the daily BAU Account Management workload as a Senior Account Manager within the team.
- Assisting LCC Account Managers with any urgent escalated issues requiring assistance to resolve.
- Assisting LCC Clients with any escalated issues, raising the matter further to the Head of Custody Account Management, where appropriate.
- Escalating any issues that you are not able to resolve or may result in a claim to the Head of Custody Account Management on the day.
- Assisting the Head of Custody Account Management with strategic planning and implementation of changes to processes or structure of the Team.
- Assisting the Head of Custody Account Management to monitor and track headcount requirements as new business comes onboard.
- Keeping the Head of Custody Account Management informed of any negative or positive feedback received from clients on the service provided by the individuals in the team.
- Providing any input into the performance of the individuals in the teams to assist with yearly PMA’s.
- Assisting the Head of Custody Account Management to identify any individual and team development/ training requirements.
- Involvements in the Sales / RFP and Client Due Diligence process, liasing with Client Development, Product and Operations teams to articulate our service.
- Contribution to the client onboarding process, offering expertise to external / internal stakeholders to ensure gaps / improvements / efficiencies are highlighted.
- Liaison with and support of the Client Development individuals (RM and CSM) in broader client service reviews and issues logs.
- Involvement in the BSO Operations Managers (Sydney / Chennai) monthly oversight meeting.
- Identifying and assisting in the implementation of efficiencies and improvements of the service offering provided to our clients.
- Escalation Account Management contact for key internal LCC stakeholders (RM / CSM, Projects, Product, Onboarding, Operations)
Qualification / experience
- A minimum 8-12 years commercial experience in financial services and recognised as a technical expert in custody operations who demonstrates effective client service.
- Recognised as able to work effectively with other internal teams to improve service and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proven high level account management / client service skills within a high-pressure, deadline drive team.
- You have the ability to work cohesively and positively with colleagues and peers at all levels within the organisation. Your style is to communicate freely and openly both upwardly managing expectations and reporting on service delivery - and in assisting other business teams to deliver against their goals, where you can contribute.
- Managerial experience desirable.
- Solid knowledge of Operations within domestic custody and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the function.
- Solid product knowledge in domestic securities, their treatment and the corporate actions that stem from them.
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting, Economics or related discipline preferred
- Securities Institute of Australia or other relevant Post Graduate qualifications (CA/CPA, Masters) welcomed but not essential.
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Word & Excel
- Accountability - Committed to achieving the organisation’s objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
- Client Focus - Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market
- Communication - Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience. Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
- Responsiveness - Adapts when facing new or unforeseen situations. Delivers on time the required service
Primary Location: AU-NSW-SydneyJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 years
Reference: C D000200