About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline / Function :
The Human Resources Department in BNP Paribas India Solutions is focused to:
• Bring onboard the right Talent into the BNP Paribas India Solutions family
• Continuously engage with our employees to promote BNP Paribas values
• Ensure that reward and recognition reflect the principles of fairness and the values of BNP Paribas
• Nurture and grow our Talent and develop our future leaders
To manage Employee Relations and Labour Compliances at BNP Paribas.
Labour Law Compliance
- Liaise with Labour Law Consultants and internal stakeholders to ensure compliances as required under various Labour Laws (new registrations, renewal / amendment of licenses and registration certificates, filing statutory returns, maintain register and records, statutory payments, notice board display updation for all entities, labour inspection, etc).
- Maintain repository of all important documents like Registration license, statutory returns, payment challan, register and records, notices, abstracts, etc.
- Attend labour inspections and notices. Coordinate with Labour Law Consultants and internal stakeholders to collate and submit required documents and details to close the notices and inspections for all Entities. Update respective stakeholders about the status of inspections/notices on timely basis.
- Analyze and highlight the risk to Management along with advise on mitigating factors to reduce or avoid the risk to the organization.
- Coordinate with respective stakeholders for completing various controls and audits performed by internal teams (Compliance, OPC, Risk ORC, legal, IG, etc).
- Liaise with Labour Law Consultants and internal teams / stakeholders to carry out Vendor audit and Entity audit, Surprise inspections on quarterly basis.
- Maintain repository of contract staff for all entities. Timely reporting of contract staff as required under Contract Labour (CLRA) Act.
- Prepare MIS reports and publish dashboard on timely basis.
- Review and upgrade employee related policies (Disciplinary Policy and Process, Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Employee Grievance, etc) as and when required. Ensure implementation and adherence across all entities.
- Provide advisory to stakeholders on all employee related matters including disciplinary cases, conduct matters, employee grievances, sexual harassment (POSH) cases, performance (PIP) case, absconding, etc.
- Liaise with Legal department, Labour Law Consultant, Legal Counsel / advocate to handle employee related cases.
- Represent organisation at labour Office, Labour Courts, Civil Court, High court, etc to address employee related matters as and when required.
- Draft and/or review all letters/documents (for e.g. Show cause, Warning letter, Termination letter, Probation extension, etc), and various communication related to employee matters.
- Conduct investigation and / or guide stakeholders to conduct investigation as may be required, attend Disciplinary Hearing / meeting, draft and/or review minutes of the disciplinary hearing and meeting.
- Analyse and highlight the risk to Management alongwith advise on mitigating factors to reduce or avoid the risk to organization.
- Ensure that all conduct matters, employee grievances and complaints are addressed in accordance with appropriate defined process. Track the matters for closure within timeframe and escalate if required.
- Support HR teams in managing sensitive employee situations and to review instances of employee misconduct.
- Handle cases of Sexual Harassment, coordinate with External Representative and Complaint Committee and ensure closure of all cases within stipulated time. Maintain documentation and ensure reporting to respective stakeholder / Labour Department on periodic basis.
- Maintain repository of documents related to disciplinary matter, employee grievances / complaints, Sexual harassment cases, performance (PIP) cases, etc.
- Maintain conduct tracker, prepare MIS and publish dashboard to respective stakeholders on timely basis.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Understanding of Employee Relations and Labor related statutory provisions (Mandatory)
- Understanding of Labor Laws
- Understanding of HR processes and procedures
- Excel, Word and Powerpoint Skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills, ability to assess people and situations with objectivity
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and deliver
- Accuracy (with data and numbers)
- Strong sense of confidentiality and ethics
- Active listening
- Ability to conduct change management
- Diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination awareness
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage a project
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Graduation / Bachelor / Master Degree or equivalent.
• LLB / LLM degree is must.
• Relevant experience of 10 years in handling Employee relations, Disciplinary matter, Domestic enquiry, Labour Law Compliances.