At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing and coordinating activities toward achieving information systems and corporate objectives. Responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of technical systems and applications. Recommends, supports and coordinates all technical development resources for initiatives. Provides pre and post-implementation assessments of quality and benefit. Requires external and internal customer interface, excellent presentation skills, strong "service" mindset with proven performance in the development and maintenance of systems.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Participates in the planning process for future development and growth of the business.
- Prepares proposals for major capital expenditures. Ensures conformity of technology investments to corporate plants, and the economic feasibility of recommendations. Proposals include equipment, software consulting services, etc.
- Manages work queues and prioritizes to achieve maximum utility of resources and optimum delivery time. Utilizes productivity tools, measures and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services.
- Develops and manages direct operating expense financial plans for the group and allocates funds within the budget. Develops recommendations of capital funding.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules investigation, feasibility studies and surveys, including the economic evaluations or proposed technology-based products and services to determine cost, benefit and applicability.
- Works with the executives of business units to coordinate the prioritization of application software projects. Develops cross system impact plan and coordinates with information systems groups.
- Participates with all areas on information systems to design and maintain overall application software and system's architecture.
- Supports training and professional development for staff members as needed to perform job duties
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, monitors progress and risks. Develops recommendations/action plans. Assesses overall performance of units and develops/monitors action plans.
- Creates quality standards group.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Interprets their applicability to short and long-term bank needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Complete knowledge of information systems in the financial industry with experience in large scale, mid-range and microtech environments.
- Proven track record in developing and managing diverse technologies and systems.
- Extensive banking systems knowledge.
- Experience in developing business proposals.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex, concurrent systems and projects.
- Experience with managing vendor services and relationships.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology