About the job
- Within Group BNP Paribas Finance Function, Europe, Middle East &Africa (EMEA) Finance is the department that measures, controls and explains the financial reporting of the Region’s entities, covering a large part of BNP Paribas Business Lines. EMEA Finance is a cross-border organization with teams operating in Paris, Madrid and Lisbon on behalf of the different countries of the Region
- In the EMEA Finance organization, the Subject Matter Streams - Capital Markets Products (SMS-CMP) department ensure an accurate, reliable and comprehensive set of segmented financial data required for the production of all Reporting streams in relation with Capital Markets Business Lines
- The Team Manager will be in charge of the management of a team (5 to 10 people)
Your Main Activities Are
- Within the SMS CMP team, the Team Manager position covers the below assignments
- Ensure the contribution to the monitoring of Capital Market Businesses controlling the reconciliation of the accounting and economical P&L followed by the Front and Middle Offices. Main financial instruments in scope are Derivatives, Forex, Bonds, Issuer bonds, Equities, Commodities
- Main businesses involved are Global Market, ALMT and Personal Finance
- Support the Team in performing in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis of the breaks identified
- Challenge P&L figures recognized by the business so that to ensure the reliability of economical and accounting data related to Capital Markets activities
- Ensure the contribution to the BNP Paribas Group Financial statements and Regulatory Reporting
- Provide assistance in responding to questions from the external auditors, Operations (Middle Offices and Back offices), Front Offices, IT and other support groups
- Make and lead suggestions to improve operational processes, control framework and team’s efficiency
- Lead by example by observing the bank’s policies and procedures, keeping involving team members in their missions and objectives, assisting them in their duties (training, support, proactive communication)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Training and occupational experience
- Business school, University Graduate, Master Degree in Accounting or Finance Degree
- Experience in Finance within the Banking sector (Financial Accounting, Reporting, Business/financial analysis), including audit and consultancy firms
- Working experience in an international environment appreciated
- English Fluent
- French will be a plus
- Technical Skills
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Good Knowledge of Capital Market activities & Financial instruments
- Working knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, both in IFRS and French GAAP (an asset)
- Soft Skills
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
- Methodologies, Tools & Technologies
- Business Objects,
- OFS Tools (BGM / Cristal / Opale / Topaze)
- Excel (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.