About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions..
About Business line/Function :
- RISK perimeter encompasses credit and counterparty risk, market risk, funding and liquidity risk, interest rate and FX risk of the Banking book, insurance risk and operational risk.
- RISK covers all Group’s activities and geographies.
- To provide a holistic view of the risk profile to the Bank’s management and Board, RISK coordinates with the relevant control function(s) to ensure relevant risk assessment, aggregation and reporting.
The current position is under Operational Risk coverage.
RISK is a key part of the Bank’s internal control framework
RISK accompanies the Group’s development
- RISK ensures the risk taking policy and the risks generated by the Bank’s activities comply and are compatible with its strategic objectives
RISK is one the 4 integrated control functions of the Group
- RISK is the second line of defense over the Group’s risk management activities
- The Chief RISK Officer (CRO) reports to the CEO and is a permanent member of the Group Executive Committee
- The CRO has a direct and independent access to the board
An integrated and independent function. Close relationship with the Business Lines : INDEPENDENCE and PROXIMITY
- A de-concentrated organization, adapted to each business
- Constant discussion with the businesses to advise and challenge them on their risks
An integrated and independent function. Close relationship with the Business Lines : RISK OBJECTIVES
- Accompany the Group’s development with a business-minded spirit
- Provide a fast, complete and reliable information on our risk profile
- Offer high quality risk management expertise to the Group’s stakeholders
- Foster risk anticipation and position RISK as a prospective watchtower
- Prepare the Group for high and higher regulatory expectations
RISK ORM department
RISK Operational Risk Management (RISK ORM) belongs to the second line of defense of BNP Paribas. It belongs to the Risk Function (RISK) of BNP Paribas (RISK) and is placed under the responsibility of the Chief Operational Risk Officer for CIB.
The department has responsibility for independently challenging and supervising the Operational Risk management of activities in APAC (front to back). This is achieved through: framing operational risk methodology and disseminating of risk management culture across businesses; assessing the adequacy of the operational risk management set-up; controlling effectiveness of 1st LOD control environment; contributing to the detection, anticipation and response to risks; alerting business and RISK stakeholders on any significant risk issue; providing a consolidated view on business operational risks profile.
Operational RISK Officer – ISPL (Manager/AVP)
RISK ORM ISPL
Business Line / Function:
RISK ORM ISPL
Lead – RISK ORM Independent Control Testing team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The position is part of RISK ORM ISPL team, dedicated to support RISK ORM Global Markets APAC providing relevant RISK and senior management (Regional/Local & Central) a synthetic, transparent, exhaustive, and consistent view of Operational RISK across APAC Region.
RISK Framework Assessment
- Management of procedures: Ensure process and procedures issued by the 1st Line of Defense are consistent with Group standards (upper level procedures)
- Management of 1st Level controls: Ensure that the 1st Line of Defense control framework is effectively designed and implemented
- Risk Mapping (RCSA) Challenge:
- Risk mapping: Ensure risks are identified and correctly assessed
- Control mapping: Ensure the control mapping is updated and relevant to risks
- Residual risks challenge
- Review and validation of derogation (exemptions) of procedures and control plans
- Incident Management:
- Challenge incident management and action plan
- Analysis of the impact on Framework, RCSA, process
- Perform Quality review of Incidents
- Action and pending recommendations:
- Monitoring of closure of action plans of IG / Regulatory Recommendations and Control Testing observation
- Coordination of Operational Risk and Control global reporting
RISK Process Reviews
- Review of a specific activity or process in a control perspective
- Review of the process
- Review of 1st level controls performed on these process
- Prepare, organize and secretariat the committees with relevant teams.
- Ensure comprehensive coverage of agenda items as per Head of Territory Charter
- Monitor the action plans identified
Independent Control Testing for APAC region
Assist the RISK ORM APAC GM Team on the following activities
- Actively monitor and perform regular review for Potential Incidents and Historical Incidents
- Proactively perform check and challenge for the Operational Risk measurement & management framework & processes
- Conduct independent testing of the risk and of the control framework
- Implement and actively conduct of generic 2nd level control plan and remediation action plans for the domains under scope
- Follow up of recommendations in order to take proper mitigation of risks
- Report and escalate attention points resulting from 1st & 2nd level controls
- Assist and advise the 1st Line of Defense in APAC on the implementation of OR framework, and ensure its compliance with Group, GM guidelines, as well as its appropriate calibration to manage key risk areas
- Proactively disseminate Operational Risk culture within the APAC community, and develop a strong partnership with LoD1 key stakeholders through regular communication and interactions
- Challenge LoD1 controls and remediation actions plans
- Participation to Steering Committees or relevant committees (such as the APAC Permanent Control Committees etc.), and sign off on Operational Risk
- Produce a synthetic, comprehensive, and actionable testing results finding and recommendation reporting to senior management and RISK locally / regionally and centrally
- Contribute to RISK ORM Group & global initiatives as applicable to ISPL
Awareness / Training / Animation:
- Promote and drive awareness to risks across ISPL;
- Organise and lead risk meetings, forums and committees with community members.
- Watch out for innovative ideas and application of new technologies
- Watch out for trends and market disruptions and detect emerging opportunities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Working knowledge of Global Markets Operations required
- General Risk Management Awareness
- Risk Identification, Risk Monitoring, Risk Mitigation, Risk Reporting Techniques and systems
- Familiarity with the banking products and services including front to back process view especially Global Markets
- Familiarity with Computer applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with banking IT systems
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent ability to work in a multi-cultural, team-oriented environment
- Excellent ability to work independently
- Exhibit pro-activeness
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrate fine attention to details
- Excellent synthesis capabilities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent Service quality orientation
- Excellent ability to honor tight deadlines
- Ability to facilitate buy-in of stakeholders
- Ability to support / assist colleagues, client teams and management
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)